Would you like to see a black Bond.....

kerser

a black version of Kingsman

/

when's the last time there was a black main character (like the main main character) in a film that wasn't about black issues/culture?

is Denzel the only one who ever gets those?

when's the last time there was a black main character (like the main main character) in a film that wasn't about black issues/culture?

Independance Day, Men in Black 1-3, Focus, Seven Pounds, Hitch, I Robot, I am Legend, Hancock

Don't see any black issues or culture

It would be all about how it's approached. It would certainly add a fresh spin on that formula.

In my mind if James Bond is a public school educated man the only Black actor on those believable levels is Chiwetel.

The main problem is financing, if some of your money is coming from lets say far east investors they don't really want to see a black lead.

James Bond is agent 007's designation, so it could absolutely be a black guy why not.

The guy wasn't born James Bond, that's the public name he uses when addresses people, his Mi6 codename is 007. If people don't get that then they don't get the the premise of a secret agent and shouldn't contribute an opinion.

a black version of Kingsman

/

will smith

comedy there is a few but i guess that still fits the common black archetype. 

Sure this has been done before on here. I remain the same, don't think Bond should be anything other than white, as a million others have said - BA Baracus etc shouldn't be anything other than Black.

James Bond is agent 007's designation, so it could absolutely be a black guy why not.

The guy wasn't born James Bond, that's the public name he uses when addresses people, his Mi6 codename is 007. If people don't get that then they don't get the the premise of a secret agent and shouldn't contribute an opinion.

The man who created Bond, Ian Flemming once hired an artist to do a sketch of how he envisioned bond himself.

fleming007impression.jpg

black people want an identity in mainstream film culture by riding the waves of white creativity, so dumb.

the same way white people want an identity in mainstream music by riding the waves of black creativity?

exactly and who really respects any of those white artists?