Would you like to see a black Bond.....

kerser

you are all laughing but bobby reds does have a point.

it's the powers that be/daems biggest nightmare , they do not want to see a tall,confident,handsome black man at the forefront on our screens. They don't come very often either, there hasn't been any since Will Smith. And his reign ended in 2008 with Hancock.

and I do not need to attach a no homo - we are not 16 anymore, this is not 2007, f*ck outta here

If he does get the role,which i don't think he will - it may very well capitulate him to Will Smith-esque stardom 

:/

No it isn't.

James Bond is a white man though

Why should he be black?

I would be outraged if they did a 2015 version of shottaz and mad max was some cockney geezer

Trust. I just find it annoying that people are trying to use this a barometer of racial progress. It's the least of our problems as a race. I'd rather they make a another Shaft, instead of that terrible one they did with Samuel L. Jackson.

Anyway a black bond would be the most unrealistic thing ever. Can you imagine a black bond in Russia, trying to blend in, going to high society events, he would make a terrible secret agent. 

Why should he be black?

I would be outraged if they did a 2015 version of shottaz and mad max was some cockney geezer

What are you talking about bruv?

"James bond" is just the code name of te character, not an actual person

/

It's a silly franchise as it is, a black mi6 agent is the least of its worried as far as realism goes

it's the powers that be/daems biggest nightmare , they do not want to see a tall,confident,handsome black man at the forefront on our screens. They don't come very often either, there hasn't been any since Will Smith. And his reign ended in 2008 with Hancock.

and I do not need to attach a no homo - we are not 16 anymore, this is not 2007, f*ck outta here

If he does get the role,which i don't think he will - it may very well capitulate him to Will Smith-esque stardom

Yeah we're all terrified of tall black men :rofl: where does this vip2 fantasy come from?

Tell your shrink to lower your Xanax dosage

• Upvote 2

Why should he be black?

Trust. I just find it annoying that people are trying to use this a barometer of racial progress. It's the least of our problems .

Agree

sad thing to waste outrage over

Why should he be black?

James Bond is the code name of a character created by Ian Fleming

Ian Fleming made James Bond a white man

I have no idea what there is to not understand

• Upvote 1

Yeah we're all terrified of tall black men :rofl: where does this vip2 fantasy come from?

Ryder don't be that wasteman that blames all your woes on the white man

Why should he be black?

Ok but what difference does it make if he's not white? James Bond would be in his 90s by now if the story was actually consistent. The actor changes all the time so it makes no difference. It's not like we're talking about Tont Soprano suddenly being played by Forrest Whitaker in season 6
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Agree with yuri

Its the codename for the mi6 agent, when he dies, retires a new one takes his place as james bond 007

But saying all that dont think there should be a black bond

Why should he be black?

Ok but what difference does it make if he's not white? James Bond would be in his 90s by now if the story was actually consistent. The actor changes all the time so it makes no difference. It's not like we're talking about Tont Soprano suddenly being played by Forrest Whitaker in season 6

Of course it's not the end of the world. But in the same vein should we have an asian Superman, or a chinese batman? These are all iconic roles that should be played by actors who resemble their characters as closely as their creators imagined them to be.

Like people already get pissed when they've read a book, and then they watch a TV show, and the actor is totally miscast and does not match the description in the book. 

If james bond was black, and stayed true to the character, he wouldn't even be able to exude any blackness, and would come off a bit bountyish tbh. It's just like when as a black man has a corporate voice and a mandem voice, it would be totally unnatural for a black bond to be constantly in corporate mode, and not being able to to slip out of it when he's fking up bad guys and when he's wooing the ladies.

• Upvote 1

Like people already get pissed when they've read a book, and then they watch a TV show, and the actor is totally miscast and does not match the description in the book.

Imagine I watched gone girl

Rich geezer that is the wife's x buss the front door when donny went to ask him 1 2 questions

I was like nah this is fake the guy don't look like this in the book

Lol what happened to ryder?

Ryder, vip2 wants to know - have you lost your marbles in any way?

must be on some next meds, just switched up his personality in the last few weeks.

Or maybe we are seeing the consequences of these mind numbing vip2 race topics

Guest babatundestacks

Ryder don't be that wasteman that blames all your woes on the white man

Why should he be black?

i have been screaming this from the beginning

keep the guy white 

why do we want or need a black bond he wouldnt be bond 

its like having a black Jason bourne or a white shaft 

this shouldnt even be a discussion 

• Upvote 2

Yuri might be confident in himself and so might jack but why are people acting like black men haven't been stereotyped as a threat since time in memorial. This is a known fact...the notion is of course preposterous but so are other irrational fears. These type of ingrained stereotypes are not gna come out by someone sayin yes im afraid of black men. Its not something people can even consciously acknowledge.

how do you think that fear manifests?

Not saying i necessarily agree with ryder an bobby reds on this particular issue but still.

Why should he be black?

i have been screaming this from the beginning

keep the guy white 

why do we want or need a black bond he wouldnt be bond 

its like having a black Jason bourne or a white shaft 

this shouldnt even be a discussion 

"James Bond" is a code name.

He's a secret agent with a code name.

Whilst he may have originally been written as a white character to play the secret agent with a code name.

There is nothing to stop him being changed to a black man.

That's why there's been so many Bond's over the years all different guys playing a secret agent with the code name "James Bond".

Yuri might be confident in himself and so might jack but why are people acting like black men haven't been stereotyped as a threat since time in memorial. This is a known fact...the notion is of course preposterous but so are other irrational fears. These type of ingrained stereotypes are not gna come out by someone sayin yes im afraid of black men. Its not something people can even consciously acknowledge.

how do you think that fear manifests?

Not saying i necessarily agree with ryder an bobby reds on this particular issue but still.

Sorry I can't explain

In USSR we not fear the black man