kerser

Would you like to see a black Bond.....

black people want an identity in mainstream film culture by riding the waves of white creativity, so dumb.

the same way white people want an identity in mainstream music by riding the waves of black creativity?

exactly and who really respects any of those white artists?

the award bodies

nah f*ck that i wanna see a white 'boyz in the hood', 'friday', bad boys, house party etc it's 2015 i think its time

Fuck that. We'll stick to having Porkys.

Guest babatundestacks

Couldnt care less.

Never watched a james bond film before.

If there was a british black actor with the right panache then it's a non issue

idris Elba could easily do it. He has the looks/suave no homo

Ain't even a black thing just because, that's silly. I just think Idris Elba can pull it off.

What other actors could replace craig?

Gambino is building that crew, got thun and kingofrome in the cut.

• Downvote 1

Might as well add Drift and MGeez and pretty much any one else in here who isn't screaming for a non white James Bond to my crew then.

Ain't even a black thing just because, that's silly. I just think Idris Elba can pull it off.

What other actors could replace craig?

Gambino is building that crew, got thun and kingofrome in the cut.

c/s

What other british actor would be better?

keep james bond white

create a completely new black uk agent character

• Upvote 1

The first black actor to play a James Bond villain has said that the iconic character should always be played by a white man and “political correctness be damned”.

Yaphet Kotto, who starred as Dr Kananga alongside Roger Moore's 007 in 1973 hit Live and Let Die, insisted in a recent interview that the films should follow the “literally correct” in the original novels.

“[bond] cannot be black,” he told Big Issue.  “James Bond was established by Ian Fleming as a white character, played by white actors. Play 003 or 006 but you cannot be 007.”

Kotto, 75, added that he finds it “ridiculous” when people say all roles should be open to black actors. “If I say I want to play JFK, I should be laughed out of the room,” he said.

“Black men should stop trying to play roles created by whites. These roles are not written for black men. We have pens [to create] roles that no one else has established.”

The first black actor to play a James Bond villain has said that the iconic character should always be played by a white man and “political correctness be damned”.

Yaphet Kotto, who starred as Dr Kananga alongside Roger Moore's 007 in 1973 hit Live and Let Die, insisted in a recent interview that the films should follow the “literally correct” in the original novels.

“[bond] cannot be black,” he told Big Issue.  “James Bond was established by Ian Fleming as a white character, played by white actors. Play 003 or 006 but you cannot be 007.”

Kotto, 75, added that he finds it “ridiculous” when people say all roles should be open to black actors. “If I say I want to play JFK, I should be laughed out of the room,” he said.

“Black men should stop trying to play roles created by whites. These roles are not written for black men. We have pens [to create] roles that no one else has established.”

ermm.... jfk was a real man

james bonds not lol smh

black people want an identity in mainstream film culture by riding the waves of white creativity, so dumb.

the same way white people want an identity in mainstream music by riding the waves of black creativity?

exactly and who really respects any of those white artists?

the award bodies

and no one respects those