Would you like to see a black Bond.....

kerser

The chances of me listening to an Audio Book are zero so it doesn't bother me one bit lol. I share the same view on White actors playing Egyptians etc as well or them old Western Movies when they got white people to play Native Americans, it's dumb. Same way when I hear Americans doing a terrible job of putting on an Irish accent I question is it really that hard for them to just hire an Irishman for the job.

Seen 1 boxing film the other day where he had to swing his own brother or something like that and I was thinking there is absolutely no way this guy is a James bond.

Swear he's mad Hench as well.

More of a Villain if anything.

Lol you don't think actors can put on weight or lose it if the role calls for it?

Hardy for me because he's just so diverse and makes roles his own. Would love to see what he could do with Bond.

Actors can definitely do it.

Hardy is just a no. He'll ruin it mate.

Should just stick with the format and cast that sideman from Sherlock and be done with it.

Why don't they just make a film about one of the other agents, and make him black, its going to be the same thing regardless.

The thing with characters is they become iconic, people get attached to how they are used to a characters, there is people who would complain a bond was too tall,

It wouldn't make sense to cast a black blond.

Why don't they just make a film about one of the other agents, and make him black, its going to be the same thing regardless.

The thing with characters is they become iconic, people get attached to how they are used to a characters, there is people who would complain a bond was too tall,

I get what you're saying but some people wont see it that way.

The outrage

Moving the whole series into another direction purely to protect the white legacy of James bond/007

Imagine releasing 006 or 008 whatever they would call it , wouldn't make it past Netflix.

The outrage

Moving the whole series into another direction purely to protect the white legacy of James bond/007

Imagine releasing 006 or 008 whatever they would call it , wouldn't make it past Netflix.

Who wont see it that way?, the film will do well if its decently cast and well writen, would be just another action movie with a secrect agent.

There would be far more outrage for them moving this series in another direction, why it would never work

The outrage

Who wont see it that way?, the film will do well if its decently cast and well writen, would be just another action movie with a secrect agent.

There would be far more outrage for them moving this series in another direction, why it would never work

I don't think Idris would even take it if was moved into another direction.

came to play james bond and got given the script for Jamal.

Gotta love white people tho

They have no problems playing black historically TRUE characters such as pharaohs, moses, jesus and Noah..they even played a fucking last samurai.

But they have a big problem with a non white guy paying a fucking fictional character that in an agency role that historically does have black spies.

Inherently racist inbreds

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Gotta love white people tho

They have no problems playing black historically TRUE characters such as pharaohs, moses, jesus and Noah..they even played a f*cking last samurai.

But they have a big problem with a non white guy paying a f*cking fictional character that in an agency role that historically does have black spies.

Inherently racist inbreds

Gotta love the none victim, common sense Black people though. Can always trust them to come through and sh*t on the ones who are dribbling into their Kleenex thinking the worlds against them. And I repeat.

The first black actor to play a James Bond villain has said that the iconic character should always be played by a white man and “political correctness be damned”. “[bond] cannot be black,  “James Bond was established by Ian Fleming as a white character, played by white actors. Play 003 or 006 but you cannot be 007.” Kotto, 75, added that he finds it “ridiculous” when people say all roles should be open to black actors. “If I say I want to play JFK, I should be laughed out of the room,” he said.  “Black men should stop trying to play roles created by whites. These roles are not written for black men. We have pens [to create] roles that no one else has established.”

Cheers Pal.

img_1945.jpg

The franchise is shit, to be honest. Some good film but ultimately a rinse and repeat premise:

World in danger, simplistic good vs evil storylines, charms a girl, has sex with her, gets back to the mission, fights the baddie, bangs the chick.

Someone should just get creative and write an alternative. People going on like Ian Fleming was some Shakespeare. Any shit Establishment toff who got things done because he knew people.

Why would Idris WANT to be down with the franchise after all the fuss?

• Upvote 2