Posh People

Guest babatundestacks

Guest babatundestacks

Is it me or are they extremely rude people?

I find that they dont know how to speak to people apropriately and are extremely sheltered.

Cant stand them.

Whst is your opinion on them

I think when the dime drops that being posh isn't a right of passage to divine intelligence, You treat it as an accent, a dress sense, and at worse a warped sense of entitlement. Which is all it is. My clients are all posh twats, and yet they take directive from a black kid from Dagenham. Think it all comes down to being comfortable with your own self-worth.

• Upvote 2

Nah they are rude, overly sarcastic and use their quick wit to put people down for no real reason....

Need to nip it in the bud swift when dealing with them and not with aggression.

Nah they are rude, overly sarcastic and use their quick wit to put people down for no real reason....

I agree. At work talking to "posh" clients is way more annoying than our general needs clients.

• Upvote 1

they will be cuntish due to their feel of self entitlement.

Had it a couple times. 

Then I remember i could probably bang them over with ease and this is the only time they're able to speak like this to someone like me, so i allow them their moment. 

No ones ever crossed over that line though. Usually its dumb sarcastic remarks.

• Upvote 1

Definitely.

But if your used to being bullied throughout your life than I can see how they would easily intimidate someone like yourself stacks

I used to get told off for saying nicked instead of pinched ffs wasnt aload to eat with the adults i hated visiting fam...holidays was staying with aunts in countryside.....when i used to visit my nanny u couldnt touch anything or sit down she cme across like a witch sometimes

Guest babatundestacks

Definitely.

But if your used to being bullied throughout your life than I can see how they would easily intimidate someone like yourself stacks

Im not intimidated by them at all i just dont like them because of how rude,self centred and entitled they seem to be.

I think when the dime drops that being posh isn't a right of passage to divine intelligence, You treat it as an accent, a dress sense, and at worse a warped sense of entitlement. Which is all it is. My clients are all posh twats, and yet they take directive from a black kid from Dagenham. Think it all comes down to being comfortable with your own self-worth.

:!: totes agree

yh sure

they all have quick wit and the rest  8-)

I genuinely think some people have no idea what posh is

I used to get told off for saying nicked instead of pinched ffs wasnt aload to eat with the adults i hated visiting fam...holidays was staying with aunts in countryside.....when i used to visit my nanny u couldnt touch anything or sit down she cme across like a witch sometimes

And you started to turn tricks as a form of rebellion ?

Makes sense tbh.

• Downvote 1

More generalization

Just because someone has a bit of money or has had elocution lessons does not make them posh.

I think it says more about your own view of yourself and your own standing in society. I have seen this at work I work alongside well spoken people and there was a girl from Essex who I worked with. Talking to her and she was saying she was intimidated to speak because everyone in the Office was posh and she has a cockney accent. It’s a mental barrier what people usually have. Believe in yourself these people are not better than you.

I

• Upvote 3

I think when the dime drops that being posh isn't a right of passage to divine intelligence, You treat it as an accent, a dress sense, and at worse a warped sense of entitlement. Which is all it is.

One of my brother's clients is Harrods Bank, and basically says the same thing about their management. They are posh people with money (making like £2,000 a day) and most are obnoxious and don't know shit.

More generalization

Just because someone has a bit of money or has had elocution lessons does not make them posh.

I think it says more about your own view of yourself and your own standing in society. I have seen this at work I work alongside well spoken people and there was a girl from Essex who I worked with. Talking to her and she was saying she was intimidated to speak because everyone in the Office was posh and she has a cockney accent. It’s a mental barrier what people usually have. Believe in yourself these people are not better than you.

I

This is the most lucid thing I've read from you