Notting Hill Carnival / Bank Holiday Weekend

Ephren Taylor

22 minutes ago, dayomesaydayo said:

@Grafter this is what happens when you listen to these stupid white feminists and buy into all their claptrap.  /

i fully agree mandem do really need to stop touching up girls but i myself refuse to fight for a woman thats dressed like a prostitute.

I mean what do some of these women expect.

Going to a place where the main objective is to pretty much have sex with eachother (daggering), and where the girls froloc around dressing like absolute whores.

Bam out,titty dem out.

I can only go back to what jd was saying.

They have completely basterdized and changed the caribbean carnival culture for the worse if you compare how the women were dressed 10/20 years ago

Ok so 10/20 years ago revellers wore knee length skirts and polo neck tank tops to carnival?

And the floats? They all used to wear burkas?

Drop me out

You are belittling your own gender on the whole with this line of talk

Even prostitutes do not deserved to be grabbed or violated. They are doing a job. They aren't askin for it either, they require payment. So no where is it an invitation. It's just a perception that has to change as you rightly agree

Personally i dress fairly modestly, I have advised family to cover certain things up, not because they might get grabbed (because i know it could happen otherwise) but just because it's not necessary and I think there are other more valuable ways of raisin self esteem. / Leave something to the imagination, everyone likes a bit of intrigue

Are people trying to pretend that girls didn't get grouped and touched back in the day because they were dressed more modestly? This isn't some new phenomenon because girls are now influenced by Rihanna. 

If you can't control your urges because of a bit of flesh then that's on you and no one else.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Greens said:

Are people trying to pretend that girls didn't get grouped and touched back in the day because they were dressed more modestly? This isn't some new phenomenon because girls are now influenced by Rihanna. 

If you can't control your urges because of a bit of flesh then that's on you and no one else.

That’s what I’m saying. It’s been like this for decades. All this “raise them better” talk is futile when the culture has always been sexually charged.

That’s why I would never let my younger siblings go to any events like this knowing how thirsty man dem are. No one here is victim blaming, we live in reality. Soca, dancehall, carnival etc, has always been sexually charged and it ain’t changing anytime soon.

Again, no woman should be violated but that’s how a lot of these guys are, especially in these kind of environments.

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

Ok so 10/20 years ago revellers wore knee length skirts and polo neck tank tops to carnival?

And the floats? They all used to wear burkas?

Drop me out

You are belittling your own gender on the whole with this line of talk

Even prostitutes do not deserved to be grabbed or violated. They are doing a job. They aren't askin for it either, they require payment. So no where is it an invitation. It's just a perception that has to change as you rightly agree

Personally i dress fairly modestly, I have advised family to cover certain things up, not because they might get grabbed (because i know it could happen otherwise) but just because it's not necessary and I think there are other more valuable ways of raisin self esteem. / Leave something to the imagination, everyone likes a bit of intrigue

547ab283d03126bebdd57f8751bcf25a.jpg

1219507.jpg

pm14.jpg

Vs 

nintchdbpict000262792811-e1499699060559.

ca65dbd535ac7f475756f2b958ca2eb7--carniv

pregant-soca-queen.jpg

1 hour ago, Greens said:

Groping has always happened but we are specifically talking about carnival are we not?

I dont think its that wild to say that groping AT CARNIVAL has increased over the years and one of the many contribuiting factors of this is the way the girls dress these days vs back in the day

Women have started to speak up more. I have personally seen several sexual assaults in my time out and about in the 90's and 00's (nothing I participated in) . Which in today's era guys would be doing jail time over.So clearly we are moving in the right direction as a society.

But still if my daughter was to dress like some prostitute to go carnival I would box her in her face. 

On 8/29/2018 at 7:39 PM, TheOneGameBaller said:

That’s what I’m saying. It’s been like this for decades. All this “raise them better” talk is futile when the culture has always been sexually charged.

That’s why I would never let my younger siblings go to any events like this knowing how thirsty man dem are. No one here is victim blaming, we live in reality. Soca, dancehall, carnival etc, has always been sexually charged and it ain’t changing anytime soon.

Again, no woman should be violated but that’s how a lot of these guys are, especially in these kind of environments.

Funny you say this when carnival on the Caribbean islands is pretty much the same ingredients EXCEPT the men know how not to grope and when to respectfully walk away from a wine/declined wine from a woman or any masqueraders.

• Upvote 1