Straight Outta Compton

Supermalt

I enjoyed it though didn't think it was very good film wise.

I can't imagine it being a good watch for people without an interest in hiphop

I'm all for people having their own opinion but 9.5? wild

My colleague (white) is not into hip hop by any means and went to see it and said he thought it was a decent film

just got in from this.

are people really saying it's better than american gangster or wow? it's not even in my top 5 hood films.

it would have done so much better as a netflix 6 episode series. was way too much sh*t to squeeze into 2 hours, felt rushed and vague

/

f*ck watching it in harrow, cinema was full of sanjay's and priyas. saw no movement or emotion from any of them until 2pac appeared. niggas like vishnu to them, i swear.

7/10

:lol:  :lmao:

just got in from this.

are people really saying it's better than american gangster or wow? it's not even in my top 5 hood films.

it would have done so much better as a netflix 6 episode series. was way too much sh*t to squeeze into 2 hours, felt rushed and vague

/

f*ck watching it in harrow, cinema was full of sanjay's and priyas. saw no movement or emotion from any of them until 2pac appeared. niggas like vishnu to them, i swear.

7/10

gfl]gh]lhj][ljghl][jghg

hjj

hjkjk

di real

just got in from this.

/

7/10

:lmao:

just got in from this.

/

7/10

:lol::lmao:

:lmao:

Pmsl

Lol 9/9.5 wow. Enjoyed the film, pretty on point factually, but the whole Dre narrative was actually embarrassing. Whole thing looked great, sounded great, Ice Cube bits easily the best, Eazy and Jerry too. Dissapointed there wasn't any focus on what actually made Dre great, just a couple clips of him listening to samples and people telling him he's amazing. Felt like a well polished TV Biopic, and I don't like biopics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had some reservations about how much they over dramatised some scenes, spoke to a few people about it after seeing the film.

Basically all of the scenes he mentioned here. Easy crying over a billboard, Heller in the kitchen, Eazy getting jumped like that.

The only other scenes I was questioning was the phone call between Eazy & Dre sitting by their pools(More what was said rather than the convo itself), him collapsing in the studio like that at that moment & before Dre could reach.

Oh and Dre battering one of Suge's boys in the studio whilst everyone sat by & watched :/

• 2 months later...

Yeah its had its retail release last week, watched it and enjoyed it but it came across very bias towards cube and dre and seemed like a whole heap of shit was missing from the story.

Oh and Dre battering one of Suge's boys in the studio whilst everyone sat by & watched :/

this definitely didnt happen :lol: scene was cringe