Martial

The Infamous

But Mourinho said: “I don’t think he lost his focus. I think he just didn’t catch with both hands a big opportunity he had.

When we spoke about Memphis Depay, we spoke about it being the only position where we have overbooking.

“We have still five players for these positions. I cannot give to one player chances to play and kill the others. To kill the others, I think I did with Memphis by considering him the last option and by not giving him any option.

"With the other guys, I think even you would be here now asking me why Mata is not playing or Marcus Rashford doesn’t have a chance or why Jesse Lingard, a national team player, is not playing

"So this is a reality. We have Rashford, Lingard, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Martial, and I cannot give to the same player chance after chance after chance and not considering the effort of the others.

“Anthony played against Liverpool, a big match for us and for him too, and then the next game I went to Mata and Mkhitaryan. This is the situation.

"When I have five players for two positions, I have to praise the good performance and for that I have to take people out of the team. That’s simple.”

Or the full quote and in context..

When asked how Martial responded to being told he would not travel to Hull, Mourinho replied: "I don't know. I don't speak with the players with how they take it.

"He will play Sunday and if Sunday he plays magnificent he will play against Hull City the next match, it's simple."

You not interested in posting this?  @Thizz

Mourinho said he wants him to imorove vastly and grt to lingard levels or ge is gone in the summer

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

One season wonder so far.

Now defenders know he is going to cut in(I remember defenders clocked that bait move Torres used to do all time he wasn't the same anymore) all the time he needs to add more to his game

He isn't for me 

France have way better players out now(Mbappe et CraqueDembele).

That game against Everton in his first season when he got moved out to the left wing to accommodate the former captain and bullied Coleman for 90mins was a blessing and a curse. As great as his performance was that day and in other games on the wing throughout the season we should have continued to develop him as a #9 imo.

3 hours ago, O Fenomeno said:

One season wonder so far.

Now defenders know he is going to cut in(I remember defenders clocked that bait move Torres used to do all time he wasn't the same anymore) all the time he needs to add more to his game

He isn't for me 

France have way better players out now(Mbappe et CraqueDembele).

You wrong brotherproch 

It was workin until he lost his pace (aggrevated the injury for spain )

Martial hasnt got the frame to play as a CF and he has never been prolific

Rashford>martial

As a cf imo 

On 23/09/2015 at 10:46 PM, Anderson said:

Only ever saw him play on the wing before

Even first couple games I was thinking nah he has to play on the wing

Lol @ rooney

On 24/04/2016 at 0:16 PM, Anderson said:

Not sure why everyones so desperate for him to play as a centre forward

I still think he is a winger tbh

Still think this tbh. Hes always been a winger who can play upfront imo and should look to master this role

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...