Work managers you've had..

Supermalt

My first boss at my current job was a G, mouthy milwall c*nt who couldnt back it up but was safe as fuck. Man used to leave me in the store on our saturday (it was just ur 2 and against the law) and go to the cafe and buy me some food and bring back like 50 will hill slips and we would just bet all day >>> man would say to customers we coukdnt do certain things coz we was too busy. Man got me a pay rise when he left aswell and told me I would be manager one day

My 2nd boss who was assistant manager b4 he got it was a pisstaker, when I got the assistant manager job man was carrying him but everybody thought it was him. Man would go bank and be gone for like 3 hours, man went cafe, gym and food shopping. Customers hated him but I stuck it out and got offered the managers job at 25 when he moved to another branch

Since then my branch has smashed it I went from 6 staff to 8 in a year and a half and got every staff member a Ā£1800 bonus. My staff love me and it makes them willing to work harder for u imo

• Upvote 6

My first really good manager was a woman in her late 20s

current manager is a woman in her 50s perhaps. Its sometimes like dealing with my mum. Theres a bit of mania/ u kno that older woman energy an you just think "please...calm down"

The manager i had before was a man. Totally cool but i kind of was managing him work wise since he was new to the team

I've line managed and I'm excellent. My reportees excel and they dnt over work

My first boss at my current job was a G, mouthy milwall c*nt who couldnt back it up but was safe as f*ck. Man used to leave me in the store on our saturday (it was just ur 2 and against the law) and go to the cafe and buy me some food and bring back like 50 will hill slips and we would just bet all day >>> man would say to customers we coukdnt do certain things coz we was too busy. Man got me a pay rise when he left aswell and told me I would be manager one day

My 2nd boss who was assistant manager b4 he got it was a pisstaker, when I got the assistant manager job man was carrying him but everybody thought it was him. Man would go bank and be gone for like 3 hours, man went cafe, gym and food shopping. Customers hated him but I stuck it out and got offered the managers job at 25 when he moved to another branch

Since then my branch has smashed it I went from 6 staff to 8 in a year and a half and got every staff member a Ā£1800 bonus. My staff love me and it makes them willing to work harder for u imo

Where do you work?

Lets flip it, anyone here a manager or been one?

How where you received?

Are you kind?

Or were/are you a c*nt

Not manager but had people I delegated work to etc. Basically without the title.

Was only a c*nt to the idiots, but I had a bottom bitch who informally made the hoes stay in line..Only analogy I can think off..

Last role was help desk lead, only thing I really hated was lazy people, just make life hell. I like things to be done with urgency then if I catch you chillin; its all good.

If you got a brain on your shoulders I got time to teach you imma show you every trick in the book. The work day glorious.

Changed my job to be more server and networking focused and my current boss is cool as fuck, has exactly the same attitude I have.

All my bosses' been sick, only one I had that was a bitch was back when I worked retail alongside uni. I detested her but she was cool with me, just the way she would treat others was wrong.

The number of people that got sent packing in the first day :lol:

myĀ lastĀ manager was the worst person ive encountered so far in my life.

Ā 

lateĀ 40s, unmarried,Ā childless, cat lady with disgusting breath. talked to people like sh*t, no people skills, former auditor so she was anal as f*ck.Ā 

Ā 

the turnover inĀ the team was mad (10+ people in a 6 man team in 4 years)Ā and there were bare complaints about her specifically to hrĀ - however she had friends high up so she was protected. her rep was so bad in the industry that no one would work for her apart from young guys with little experience (me). she openly refused to hireĀ chicks as well.

Ā 

eventually left when ALL of us found new jobs and handed our notices in within a month and they realised she knew a lot less than she let on. turns out the exact same thing happened at her previous job.

Ā 

shes now a consultant and already hated - was talking to some IT guys about bringing in a consultant to help with 1 upgrade, were looking through a list, they see her name (they've never worked for her) and say they've heard shes a nightmare.

Current manager is the best I've had. Isn't anal about lateness etc as long as you dont take the piss - he doesnt micromanage either. He will be brutally honest with any of us if we've have messed up too.

He went for a new role recently and although id have been over the moon if he got it i'd be so gutted for my own selfish reasons.

Have line management responsibility for two work streams, so around 12 staff overall, ba's/implementation consultants and planners. I'm liked, even if a few were apprehensive at first, too young too black whatever. Current manager is a woman, and by far the most relaxed individual I've ever worked with, is open to suggestion and discussion on anything, encourages me to take holiday/work from home even when I'd probably be better suited in the office. Is a rarity I've found though, the women I've had as managers as a teenager have been complete c u n t s. Though this is probably due to working in call centres with underqualified amanda's who either want c*ck or control.