Renting / House Sharing help

Ephren Taylor

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, and my ex being an absolute c*nt....I will have to find some new digs sooner rather than later

I haven't had to do this house hunting lark for quite a while,and the game has changed

I've had a quick look, but i'm only seeing ridiculously lousy properties for extortionate amounts

......I have always been reluctant to doing a house-share thing, but now...the way my budget is set up.... i'm totally open to the option. 

Does anyone on here share accomodation?

What alternatives are there to easy roommate?

Any other help/tips would be greatly appreciated

London only btw......don't mind the fringes, but that's only last resort, and if the place is phenomenal

Did you try spareroom.

I had a spare room rented out a couple weeks ago.

It's alright you can be picky on the type of person you want to live with vice versa

I will recommend it if you are looking. Setup a profile and spin out a ad for the type of apartment you are looking for.

I know some peeps on there do the joint share,where they seek an apartment as a duo or group by linking with common specifications.

• Upvote 1

Jesus there's some trash on spareroom. How can there be an ad for a bi-curious guy offering to share a BED with someone provided they explore with him. FFS man, shouldn't there be laws against that type of thing.

Pmsl sick bastards, off topic but living with a female is inconceivable unless she's wife. I couldn't do it.

I'm up for trial periods though leading to that.

Jesus there's some trash on spareroom. How can there be an ad for a bi-curious guy offering to share a BED with someone provided they explore with him. FFS man, shouldn't there be laws against that type of thing.

Pmsl sick bastards, off topic but living with a female is inconceivable unless she's wife. I couldn't do it.

I'm up for trial periods though leading to that.

its disgusting wouldn't recommend

you would have to get p*ssy to balance the foul shit

Urgh

Yh i saw an ad for a free room. You get ur own room but "only in the day". In the night u have to share a room with the disabled landlord and "its very important u empty the bin in the bedroom"

Allow

/

But i have found suitable rooms in spare room. I also use gumtree both to go direct through landlord. Never pay for spare room. If u see an ad an u have to pay ro click on it jus google the wordin an it will probably be on gumtree.

i only ever searched for ensuite an made sure there was no shared living room. Only kitchen

never respond to ads that say anything about a glass of wine - not tryna make frienda outchea - unless you are

Never flat share with just one person. They might want to make a best friend and for me its just an uncomfortable dynamic

Good luck. Nuff mad people out there. I had to leave my last place suddenly cos my landlord lost his got dam mind like literally. I got too many stories. I now do not share

Urgh

Yh i saw an ad for a free room. You get ur own room but "only in the day". In the night u have to share a room with the disabled landlord and "its very important u empty the bin in the bedroom"

Hfjakkabdh

Djhsb

What type of fuckery is this? Emptying mans catheter in the night and shit

Lol at living with a battyman.

A mate of mine who I used to work with had to get somewhere real last minute, house share, didn't meet any of the people but the letting agent sold him the dream (foolish).

Anyway, he moves in and he meets the people...3 gay guys. 2 of them being a couple. He was fuming. Couldn't watch Match of the Day in peace and was locked in for 6 months.

Remember him telling me on the Monday with the most depressed look on his face

Lol at living with a battyman.

A mate of mine who I used to work with had to get somewhere real last minute, house share, didn't meet any of the people but the letting agent sold him the dream (foolish).

Anyway, he moves in and he meets the people...3 gay guys. 2 of them being a couple. He was fuming. Couldn't watch Match of the Day in peace and was locked in for 6 months.

Remember him telling me on the Monday with the most depressed look on his face

pmsl MOTD should be the lease of his concerns.

Estate agent probably reading his email compalint  like

s-8e0e73b3217fc4e13b800c05209f752c83a413

• Upvote 2

my easiest justification for moving out of the country:

£450/month for 38sqm bedroom, large living room, furnished flatshare (w/ 3 other people), desirable area in a popular city, 20m commute for work (centre), 10-30m travel from any desired nightlife

and I'm still told I'm paying too much

and because I work in the right part of tech I get paid almost as much as I do in London, though taxed a little higher

its not London (culturally, artistically, or culinarily), but its definitely nice and has better value for what you pay than London