Opinions on men who raise other mens children

Guest babatundestacks

Could never raise another mans child, however if i happened to be with a woman who has a child id hope i can be a positive figure of some sort in its life.

Being a positive figure is basically raising him, no?

He doesn't have to call you daddy or you be his official guardian, but if you're about for a few years or whatever with a woman who has a child, and you hope to be a positive influence, isn't that just basically raising him?

• Upvote 1

My cousin is 25, his Dad f**ked off at birth and my Aunty met a wonderful man who took him on as his own from he was under 1.

23 years later she passed (R.I.P) and now it's just the 2 of them. I'm glad he didn't think the way you do Opening Poster.

/

I also took on a child that's not mine, been there since he was 1. I don't take offence to your opinion I just think it's pretty immature.

Having said that, I don't know how old you are. As a teen or early 20's I can understand (and rightfully so) why you would not enter a relationship with someone who has a child. Plenty of women out there etc. I do find it nonsensical that you insult those that take on someone else's child? What do you suggest we do with these fatherless children? (That's rhetorical. Please don't answer what is already a ridiculous topic).

• Upvote 2

Stacks is too dumb to troll, he just leads a real miserable life.

Could never raise another mans child, however if i happened to be with a woman who has a child id hope i can be a positive figure of some sort in its life.

He doesn't have to call you daddy or you be his official guardian, but if you're about for a few years or whatever with a woman who has a child, and you hope to be a positive influence, isn't that just basically raising him?

Was thinking the same thing

Was thinking the same thing

Its not the same, a positive figure for a child could be a teacher, a sports coach, a mentor for example, someone who is a good influence. I still look back on one of my ice hockey coaches fondly and was a positive figure in some troubled teenage years.

I dont want to be daddy or even step dad to some next mans kid.