Girls too black for DSTRKT / Fridge too black for Brixton

Ephren Taylor

Only problem here that nobody has even mentioned is that they submitted their pictures to the promoter before attending.

So they thought they were nice enough to get inside.

Accepted that - that means others can't get inside if they do not look a certain way.

That is why I couldn't give a f about the individual girls myself

But hopefully the baton is picked up and the issue gets national attention and other groups who do genuinely care about the issue do pick it up

Why are you man so against them protesting?

Difference between begging a bouncer to get in after he turns you away and organising a protest outside the venue, getting media attention and having it trend on twitter

Real house mentality thinking what the white man will be thinking of us now

personally its nothing to do with white people think, i care not

I just think it's a sad thing to waste time and energy on when there are much bigger things happening in their communities, in the country, in the world

of what benefit to anyone is this protest - genuinely? This kind of issue has already been highlighted in mainstream news, it's just this time it isn't black men it is black women. 

do we think that as a result of drawing attention to this club, they will have a fall in revenue and then change their policies? and other clubs will follow suit?

If the protest is to just highlight the issue then i support it, but not to be let back into the establishment.

Anyone who knows whats going on and is black, and or cares, as a result shouldnt go there ever at all.

Would be a good time for a black club owner and manager (one or so must exist) to identify themselves so at least we know and can directly support them

agree 100%

Difference between begging a bouncer to get in after he turns you away and organising a protest outside the venue, getting media attention and having it trend on twitter

I just think it's a sad thing to waste time and energy on when there are much bigger things happening in their communities, in the country, in the world

of what benefit to anyone is this protest - genuinely? This kind of issue has already been highlighted in mainstream news, it's just this time it isn't black men it is black women. 

do we think that as a result of drawing attention to this club, they will have a fall in revenue and then change their policies? and other clubs will follow suit?

!!!!

Not just this, I think its egos dented that sparked the whole thing imho. 

Plus, that Lin chick as her own agenda. Considering she is an aspiring blogger and all that. Accumulating followers along the line.

I have seen her post some real wild stuff with regards to dark skin peeps & africans on her FB. Then Later deleted. 

!!!!

Plus, that Lin chick as her own agenda. Considering she is an aspiring blogger and all that. Accumulating followers along the line.

I have seen her post some real wild stuff with regards to dark skin peeps & africans on her FB. Then Later deleted. 

c/s

about that lin chick

!!!!

See what i mean. Do they even care about the underlying issues that results in incidents like this.

Punks

To be fair don only said the two mix race are ok he didn't actually say the other two cant cos they are black just cos they are dusty. He just didn't explain it properly

are they black and dusty or dusty because they are black (in his opinion)

think on it

Truss

Guy said the chocolate women we get are not good enough - we need more good looking caramel women

Goes back to that thing of light skin/mixed girls getting put on a higher pedestal than darker women

You never hear "she's nice for a lighty"

Even if the guy didn't directly say it's because they were black word for word he thought it consciously or subconsciously due to his higher regard for "caramel chocolate women"

To be fair don only said the two mix race are ok he didn't actually say the other two cant cos they are black just cos they are dusty. He just didn't explain it properly

are they black and dusty or dusty because they are black (in his opinion)

think on it

Truss

Guy said the chocolate women we get are not good enough - we need more good looking caramel women

Goes back to that thing of light skin/mixed girls getting put on a higher pedestal than darker women

You never hear "she's nice for a lighty"

Even if the guy didn't directly say it's because they were black word for word he thought it consciously or subconsciously due to his higher regard for "caramel chocolate women"

Word

I had to pull up a friend for describing a light skin girl to me as high colour. High what?

I kno its a old time term but its the language that is tellin of the mentality

When people ask my girl where she is from and she says she's Nigerian it's always;

"what else do you have in you"

"yeah but your not full Nigerian are you"

"yeah but you must have something else in you"

"you're really pretty for a Nigerian girl"

And many more over the last couple years

Amazing how many ignorant people are out there

Even a few of my friends at first were adamant she wasn't fully black/Nigerian (carib ones, my aff friends didn't even raise a brow"

She finds it very frustrating

• Downvote 8