Wayne Rooney - Enough is Enough

Mame Biram Diouf

Roy told vardy to know his role he's just a rookie

If he gets picked it will be left wing defo not displacing rooney upfront

Waynes 1 goal > vardys 8 in a row

• 3 weeks later...
'You got the impression the players were waiting for something to happen, rather than going and making it happen. Wayne [Rooney] was on about lack of composure and quality, but I think he was as guilty as anybody. He needs to step up to the plate.

'You look at Wayne's legacy at Old Trafford, it's absolutely fantastic, his goals record is brilliant. But now he's the captain there's more responsibility and I think he's got to do a lot more.

'I always question certain players what are they doing off the field. Last week I saw him slapping a wrestler and I'm thinking 'Why is he getting involved in all that nonsense?' There's no benefit to him. I'd have a look at that side of it.

'It's certainly not helping him. I wouldn't begrudge him going out and enjoying himself, but if you're not at it yourself you've got to have a look and lead by example. He didn't do that tonight. He doesn't look sharp, he looks awful

'Mentally he doesn't look really sharp, physically he doesn't look in great shape. He needs to have a look at himself.'

- Keane

But Merson questioned the merits of Keane's comments, insisting England's record goalscorer continues to give his all for club and country.

Speaking to Sky Sports Now he said: "I thought it was a cheap shot, to be honest.

"Wayne was outstanding for England the other week but he had runners either side of him, playing off him, people making third-man runs. He had movement and he was very comfortable.

"But then he goes into a Man Utd team and it is the hardest thing in the world to keep clean sheets and score goals at the same time, I don't care where you are, that's the hardest thing to do. He doesn't have that there where they are working off scraps.

"And the WWE thing? He has a little boy who is likely a massive fan so why can't he do that? He still has to have a family life. he has to think of the kids, so for me that was just a cheap shot."  

1 assist in the league in 2015

Only created 1 clear cut chance in the league this season

134 players have assisted a goal in the league this season and he isn't one of them

Never started a PL or CL game on the bench since LVG joined the club

And he's on the 55 player shortlist for the FIFA FIFpro World XI #WaynesWorld

And fifpro is voted for by fellow players :lol:

Friends and I were out in central for drinks and on our way to the bar bumped into glenn hoddle in a newsagents. Guy was friendly and pretty humble but when started talking about man united (my friend is a united supporter) my friend and i was basically like rooney is finished, they need to have martial as the main striker, mata as the 10 and play some better attacking football. Glenn responded "if you're hoping on martial you are in trouble mate"

???

I actually felt disgusted. The sucktion for rooney actually has consumed their real lives outside of punditry. Even glenns face whilst we were saying all of this was so clearly in opposition of it.

#waynesworldwejustliveinit

Friends and I were out in central for drinks and on our way to the bar bumped into glenn hoddle in a newsagents. Guy was friendly and pretty humble but when started talking about man united (my friend is a united supporter) my friend and i was basically like rooney is finished, they need to have martial as the main striker, mata as the 10 and play some better attacking football. Glenn responded "if you're hoping on martial you are in trouble mate"

???

I actually felt disgusted. The sucktion for rooney actually has consumed their real lives outside of punditry. Even glenns face whilst we were saying all of this was so clearly in opposition of it.

#waynesworldwejustliveinit

???? long live weezy

Your talking about a man who said andros #10 was englands and spurs future

lmao hoddle ended your boy titan

fucking hell

Glenn said you're wrong to put your hopes on an unproven 19 year old?

Sounds like common sense to me

• Downvote 2

Your talking about a man who said andros #10 was englands and spurs future

A few weeks ago he said he would play him ahead of Lamela, pmsl

rooney-van-gaal-manchester-united_338072

Rooney telling Van Gaal the game plan for tonight

#Waynesworld

"Yes, of course," Van Gaal said. "Otherwise he is out of the team. Wayne is doing a lot, has a very great contribution in the team. I am very satisfied with him."

Progress comments were jumping the gun then

Van Gaal said he was gonna sub Martial off as he wanted someone to run in behind but Rooney was injured so he had to reluctantly take him off. But said Rooney will be back to start the next game.

Lvg going mad, Rooney wouldn't have been making them runs tho he would be dropping deep, with no one up top