Wayne Rooney - Enough is Enough

Mame Biram Diouf

Wayne Rooney is still struggling to come to terms with the role Louis van Gaal wants him to play at Manchester United, says Sunday Mirror sports columnist Andy Dunn.

"It's taken him 15 months to get the goals Jamie Vardy has scored in this record breaking run," Dunn told the Sunday Supplement.

"He'll know that's not good enough but he does look off the pace physically and mentally. He looks a bit jaded.

"However, when I look at him in this United side I also think Rooney looks unsure of his role in the team during game time. You don't know whether he's the 10. You don't know whether actually Van Gaal's given him a license to get further forward or whether it's to drop back when things change around.

"Yesterday he was sort of an itinerant figure all over the pitch which then seemed to affect his execution and his finishing.

"He snatched at a couple of volleys and he gave away possession high up the pitch which is unlike him. Even after 18 months or so, I think he's still struggling to come to terms with what Van Gaal specifically wants out of him."

Worst thing is

Hes just going against the grain for click bait

?