Help from parents as an adult..

Supermalt

my mum can barely pay her own mortgage let alone my rent at uni and you're telling me your family isn't comfy? f*ck outta here

It's f*cked, found out my mum's paying interest only on her mortgage the other day.

Jesu, f*ck that. Might as well pay rent. Hopefully equity gains are worth it.

Stemmed from my parents splitting, dad got his own place and she kept the family home going.

Will be in a better place to pay it in 2016

Yup

Social mobility is a myth in this country. I always bang on about this, but Britain is one of the worst places in the western world for social mobility. .

Yup. A lot of middle class people (25+) I know still get a casual 5 bills of pocket money every month from their nans and aunties and sh*t. Some of them been getting that for so long they don't even know where it comes from. :lol:

Only people I know who own a house in London and it isn't a new build are those whose parents could give them 100k+ for deposit.

I would love for public/private schools to be banned in this country. At least those for under 11s. That would be a massive step towards improving social mobility. Will never happen though. Russell group uni's and their feeding schools spend so much money crushing any of those suggestions. Whilst giving out token scholarships to Mohammed, complete with a couple of articles in national media. None of this is an accident. Great Britain was set up to work this way.

this.

not everyone understands this n alot jus dont seem to care

Boy,

In terms of property, I can only give thanks to my parents. Gave me and my siblings one of their properties to sell and split for a deposit.

Would have been impossible to get on the property ladder if not.

I hope I'll be able to have the same luxury to give my kids when I settle in the future.

Key fundamental thing my parents bang on about is having a partner and building from there. Been a single parent in our generation is virtually impossible to get on the property ladder.

as far as sponging of my parents for dough at this age is a No No. But from a cultural perspective it's not even a big issue asking them for help.

I gave my dad all my savings for a flat he wanted to buy that will eventually be mine in the future.

I expect him to help me out when i'm going to attempt to buy a property some time next year.  I don't have a partner nor do i earn 40+ so getting a good mortgage is hard in london.  I think it's an amazing feat for any single person buying a property on their own without help.

Think Renting is ridiculous unless there's no other choice.  Charging a 1k to live in the ends before any bills leave your account? madness. I think i can get 1.1k from the tennants for a 1 bedroom flat we have sometime next year :lol:

I've been lucky as my dad owns his own business, he's not well off but if i ever needed money, he would make me work instead hiring staff.  I think thats why he will be more open to helping me buying a property

Aiming for 20k deposit by the end of 2017.

Hopefully there's a new scheme to help by then and hopefully I'm on 35-40k by then too.

All ifs and maybes but boy. Mum can't help me at all. But luckily she refuses to let me help her too much, she wants me to have the life she never had. Without her sacrifices I'd be nowhere.

I'll probably never be able to fully appreciate it. My children will reap the most. But it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

Aiming for 20k deposit by the end of 2017.

Hopefully there's a new scheme to help by then and hopefully I'm on 35-40k by then too.

All ifs and maybes but boy. Mum can't help me at all. But luckily she refuses to let me help her too much, she wants me to have the life she never had. Without her sacrifices I'd be nowhere.

I'll probably never be able to fully appreciate it. My children will reap the most. But it is what it is.

Don't you have a mrs, thought about buying with her?

my mum can barely pay her own mortgage let alone my rent at uni and you're telling me your family isn't comfy? f*ck outta here

It's f*cked, found out my mum's paying interest only on her mortgage the other day.

Stemmed from my parents splitting, dad got his own place and she kept the family home going.

But your dad owes (and owns half) too right?

Black parents in the UK are rarely in a position to help their adult aged children. The "Children" end up helping their parents more.

I think that's more applicable to single parents.

I know of quite a few boys particularly whos mothers are dependent on an income from them...or at least claim to be.

"I been out there in the rain, cause mums saying that we need Sky back"

That's deep still sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out

Yeah thats right

That's deep still sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out

Seeing it in writing it seems worse than it is - everything's good.

Thanks though!

• Upvote 1

Yeah thats right

Mad.

Black parents in the UK are rarely in a position to help their adult aged children. The "Children" end up helping their parents more.

I think that's more applicable to single parents.

I know of quite a few boys particularly whos mothers are dependent on an income from them...or at least claim to be.

"I been out there in the rain, cause mums saying that we need Sky back"

Priorities ay