Dele Alli

Mame Biram Diouf

Carroll decent but is a passenger when the going gets tough which happens every game so got smashed against Watford and nearly cost us the points at Everton.  Not better than Bentaleb who ran the game against Everton at LB pmsl

/

Alli as a #10 plays the fellaini role you know  :rofl:  ever since he started playing there, bare long balls towards him, he just smashes into players.

His better performances have come deeper next to Dier as he's much better than Mason at reading the game.  That's what impressed me the most about him, can read the game defensively. We all know he can attack.  Huge talent.  A few more additions and we'll have a potentially top team.

Think it was Mike Kane who said Barkley still plays like that guy who was 2ft taller than everyone else his age.

He's good but he's missing things that are hard to achieve if you don't already have them. Amount of times he gets into good positions and doesn't pass would infuriate me as a teamate.

Not hard to achieve at all, you can go to the top on sheer athleticism and technical ability, not every player will be a Xavi or Pirlo. The likes of Pogba certainly ain't but that will go under the radar.

Barkley is making the transtiion that some of us (darkman) expected, look at his productivity rates, i keep telling you if you've got a 21 year old like Veratti his a genius, but most players that age would be marked by poor decisions, incosistency etc.

This Barca generation has confused some of yous.

Isn’t that what England should be focusing on? intelligent young players instead of these physical units we keep lauding as the next big thing. 

Barkley is a tank, reactive footballer with great physical attributes and good technique. Nothing wrong with that, aslong as he stays in the prem.

Yeah carroll is fine when we are control but as soon as we dont take the chances and the teams comeback hard at us he struggles.

Problem with Bentaleb is that hes a bit like a CM kyle walker :lol:  Man can run a game easily in midfield keeping possession for fun then go and misplace a simple passback and we will concede, does it way too often. That one thing Carroll doesnt really do, only looses it when playing searching passes.

Think it was Mike Kane who said Barkley still plays like that guy who was 2ft taller than everyone else his age.

He's good but he's missing things that are hard to achieve if you don't already have them. Amount of times he gets into good positions and doesn't pass would infuriate me as a teamate.

Not hard to achieve at all, you can go to the top on sheer athleticism and technical ability, not every player will be a Xavi or Pirlo. The likes of Pogba certainly ain't but that will go under the radar.

Barkley is making the transtiion that some of us (darkman) expected, look at his productivity rates, i keep telling you if you've got a 21 year old like Veratti his a genius, but most players that age would be marked by poor decisions, incosistency etc.

Isn’t that what England should be focusing on? intelligent young players instead of these physical units we keep lauding as the next big thing. 

Barkley is a tank, reactive footballer with great physical attributes and good technique. Nothing wrong with that, aslong as he stays in the prem.

No England should be focusing on making more players like Barkley Alli, not copying Spain.

Our demographics to other European nations is different, we should be doing what France have done, taking advantage of the vast innately athletic kids of African descent we got running around playgrounds all across this country, but combining that with good coaching and a focus big focus on technical ability and some on tactical.

Thats what makes the Pogbas, Varanes, Kondogbias that we are seeing now, and the Viera Henry and Thurams of the past.

Players like Barkley and Alli are the way forward, not every player can be a 5'6 technical maestro, and nothing wrong with that anywhere, even in Spain athletic technical players can be a problem, let alone Italy and Germany.

Obviously you'll need some cerebral players the ilk of Xavi, Pjanic, Gundogan at the top level in some capacity if England can produce a couple of those, as well as the Raheem Sterling, Alli, Barkley of this world who rely on phiscial and technical attributes then they should be good.

• Upvote 1

you can have a squad of technical athletes but your most important player/s need to be highly cerebral if youre gonna win shit

thuram, henry and Vieira wouldn't have sniffed an international medal if it wasn't for zidane.

08-12 spain was a team of geniuses

14 Germany - mueller, oezil, basti, lahm

02 brasil - r9 wrote a thesis on playing centre forward

• Upvote 1

No England should be focusing on making more players like Barkley Alli, not copying Spain.

Our demographics to other European nations is different, we should be doing what France have done, taking advantage of the vast innately athletic kids of African descent we got running around playgrounds all across this country, but combining that with good coaching and a focus big focus on technical ability and some on tactical.

Thats what makes the Pogbas, Varanes, Kondogbias that we are seeing now, and the Viera Henry and Thurams of the past.

Players like Barkley and Alli are the way forward, not every player can be a 5'6 technical maestro, and nothing wrong with that anywhere, even in Spain athletic technical players can be a problem, let alone Italy and Germany.

Obviously you'll need some cerebral players the ilk of Xavi, Pjanic, Gundogan at the top level in some capacity if England can produce a couple of those, as well as the Raheem Sterling, Alli, Barkley of this world who rely on phiscial and technical attributes then they should be good.

I think we should be producing more players who aren’t reliant on their physical attributes, that’s my point.

Whether a guy is 5’2 or 6’2 his athleticism shouldn’t be his main attribute, it should be his ability with the ball, what he can do with it.

Brazil always had a mixed demographic, always been physically gifted yet always maintained great technical and footballing intelligence within their players. If England can produce a couple of cerebral players? And how exactly are we supposed to do that when our system isn’t designed to nurture such players.

We don’t appreciate such players as a country, look at Carrick, look at Scholes even… we desire players that run around with heart, put in a good tackle, have a hard shot. Nobody is out there trying to produce version of those players.

English Xavi’s, Gundogan and Pjanic are about 20-30 years away if we're lucky.

I think we should be producing more players who aren’t reliant on their physical attributes, that’s my point.

Whether a guy is 5’2 or 6’2 his athleticism shouldn’t be his main attribute, it should be his ability with the ball, what he can do with it.

Brazil always had a mixed demographic, always been physically gifted yet always maintained great technical and footballing intelligence within their players. If England can produce a couple of cerebral players? And how exactly are we supposed to do that when our system isn’t designed to nurture such players.

We don’t appreciate such players as a country, look at Carrick, look at Scholes even… we desire players that run around with heart, put in a good tackle, have a hard shot. Nobody is out there trying to produce version of those players.

English Xavi’s, Gundogan and Pjanic are about 20-30 years away if we're lucky.

Exactly and Barkley is 6'1 with great ability on the ball, so whats the problem, you expect him to be a bit more cerebral, i understand that he will become with age, but saying that he will never reach the intelligence level of a Muller and Xavi, but he doesn't need to, to still be a top player. 

I don't get what you mean by we don't appreciate Scholes, people been raving about him since i was a kid, he was always pinpointed as Uniteds most dangerous player for me when i was growing up, and since then the lauding off him has gone over the top.

He was mismanaged by England managers, but so was Gerrard who was put out on the left numerous times.

You take some thing from Spain(really from Netherlands) but you don't copy them cause you realize your demographics are different, and you use that to your advantage the way France have.

Brazil are going away from their core and embracing more European style and thats culminated with their failure, England need to change some things, but that doesn't mean some things that football in this country can't stay, the physical, athleticism aspect of it, nothing wrong with it, as long as you can combine it with technical ability and some tactical nous, which the likes of Alli seem to have.

You can still massively excel on athletic and technical ability alone, at the same exact time being clever isn't that much of a big deal without the above too

The problem with England is they let to many strong and fast guys through like its Africa

Barkley's penny could drop when he plays with better players alone

Nah englands problem is that all these players have it engrained from early they have to be the match winner

Englands got a hero complex

Always looki for that 1 player to win them a world cup

This aint skiing its football

11 a side

So Sick

• Upvote 2

More than doubled his salary, hell get another new one after the euros i bet.

yeah if he keeps up his form he is leaving in 18 months

thats a fact

pmsl

Dont be silly now, no its not.

smells of sterling

if he gets england caps and carries on this form he will be gone by 2017 imo

The characters of both couldnt be more different.

Depends where we are in 18 months/2 years time i guess though.