Jose Mourinho

Admin.

42 minutes ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

We managed to keep the best goalkeeper in the world last summer 

Mega clubs don't need to brag about keeping their best players, they take from everyone else - as United could to near enough every summer 

We signed one of the best players in the world the summer before (Di Maria) 

once again, mega clubs don't brag about signing one of the best players, they have multiple best players already and in signing one more, it's just a Tuesday to them 

We are making record profits, record deal with Adidas. 

can't disagree with that

Dusty or not we signed Depay over PSG last summer. 

If PSG valued him correctly and offered him below what you guys did, that is hardly anything to brag about.

We have the best history in the Premier League. The area isn't the best to attract players but the allure of the club, the money and the fans are. The fact we got one of the top 3 managers in the world begging to be our manager proves that. 

United are the biggest club in England. I don't deny that at all. But your success is becoming more and more distant and it's reaching the stage where you need Mourinho as much as he needs you. The money United offer is no longer anything special as there are 3-4 other clubs that if they wanted to could offer the same. You lot are just more likely to overpay dead players, that don;t make you a mega club (not saying we haven't overpaid as Torres was the highest payed player in the league at one point lolsmh). Mega clubs have the money like United do but they use it paying guys like Modric, Thiago, Iniesta (who aren't even considered the best players at the club - another sign of a truly huge club which can afford to demand the world).

We are Barcelona, Real and Bayern. Before Van Gaal took over at Bayern there team was Dusty and their name wasn't even convos about top players. Barcelona before Rijkaard were in the same boat too. It goes in cycles. 

This point fails to take into account the spending power of everyone else. I'm pretty sure Bayern's recovery would have been a much slower process if Werder Bremen & co were caking like everyone in the prem is. Prem is a special case and money is a big factor in interrupting the resumption of usual service (which is coincidently why I worry about Chelsea next season).

Players don't dream of playing for Chelsea following legends like Terry butcher. They dream of playing in London for a high wage and the chance to compete for trophies. 

Highly doubt a player would turn down Chelsea to join United for less money instead. So I'm honestly not sure what point you were making here.That and you lot ain't realistically been competing for anything for a while now....

Guys want to follow Best, Eric, Ronaldo etc. I know it must be hard for Chelsea fans to comprehend that. 

Saying that a couple years ago would make sense. Now it's unrealistic to expect as a player joining United that following in those legends' footsteps is in the realms of reality. Which is where all this started from. You man need to start winning again before talking like you're something special.

And if Ronaldo is a United legend I feel sorry for you man. Considering the way he stomped his feet till you lot let him leave and all. Imagine a megaclub having a legend like that. It's unthinkable!

Yes we didn't play the best football in Fergie last few years before the purses were tightened.

Fergie with 250mill plus Rashford, TFM and co would be competing for CL again, winning titles and playing good football. 

Again there isn't a black clear line between playing good football, bloodinf youth and winning trophies. It's something historically we have always done. Hence why fans gave Van Gaal more time because of Lingard, Rashford and co

7 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Don't get it I'm saying you lot are going to go on and be ridiculously successful under Mourinho.

It's mad :lol: 

44 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Don't get it I'm saying you lot are going to go on and be ridiculously successful under Mourinho.

Nobody has said we won't be successful trophy wise. 

People are saying will we be successful along with aesthetically pleasing and still play youngsters.

Again, if I am wrong and you can quote someone who has said we won't be successful on the pitch I will take the L. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

Nobody has said we won't be successful trophy wise. 

People are saying will we be successful along with aesthetically pleasing and still play youngsters.

Again, if I am wrong and you can quote someone who has said we won't be successful on the pitch I will take the L. 

All of this.

And like i said, its tough for chelsea fans to grasp this concept as just winning, without the other two factors, is that rare of an occurence in itself that it is more than enough for them. And thats not even a mocking ting, i get it and understand it. I would be the same if i supported a team with no history.

point was walk before you run or you'll end up like pool

like JD said

24 minutes ago, JOHN DOE said:

leicester done  fucked up the blueprint 

noone has an excuse now 

everyone can have ambition 

prem teams got that gwap now 

scout correctly and you can bring that trophy home 

but to be fair, I'd be gassed too if when I was growing up my team were usually the only one on tv most Wednesdays

4 minutes ago, Anderson said:

All of this.

And like i said, its tough for chelsea fans to grasp this concept as just winning, without the other two factors, is that rare of an occurence in itself that it is more than enough for them. And thats not even a mocking ting, i get it and understand it. I would be the same if i supported a team with no history.

Poor from you as a match going fan tbh I expect it from the rest of these United fans who've never been past the M6

5 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Poor from you as a match going fan tbh I expect it from the rest of these United fans who've never been past the M6

Nah thats the thing though. I geuinely get why you would think united fans should be over the moon with mourinho. I see your point exactly and I know where we lie in terms of being a big club people want to play for (we arent one basically)

But these non match going fans youre talking about seem to me to be the only people genuinely happy about us getting mourinho. For the exact reasons youve stated. A guy i sit with who hasnt missed a final weve been in for 25 years said on saturday night he wanted me to have his season ticket for the year if mourinho coming in was true. Just tryna get across that winning 'at all costs' in general doesnt interest ACTUAL united fans (you know the type i mean)

Lvg builds for the next manager

mourinho destroys for the next decade

few trophies and then midtable mediocrity 

Moving on from all this anyway...

Is he gonna make darmian into an azpilicueta?

Which of the youngsters will get minutes? My moneys on just rashford off the bench and TFM at right back. (Martial seems a senior player in my eyes despite only being 20)

Shoulda gave Louie V his last year tbh.

Had the attack settled, just needed to build around it.

Mourinho was always gonna be available in the future.

----

If this Zlatan talk is true then it's a good opportunity for Rashford to learn off him, will become a much better player going under his wing for a year.

If Mourinho fucks with Martial tho...

As long as he ain't destructive to them guys, brings in new defence, sorts the mid mentality out, it really shouldn't go wrong.