What Do White People Think

underwriter

What kind of difficulties in the workplace for having their natural hair?

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/black-woman-loses-job-offer-because-she-refused-to-take-out-her-braids/

That is fucked up if it's true but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't allow her to have her hair like that in the UK. And this comment give me a sense of doubt. Why would she be worried about a lawsuit or destroying their business, she should be inviting a legal case against them.  
 I am not currently naming the company (as much as i’d like to right now out of indignation and anger) because I do not intend to destroy someones livelihood and business, and I don’t really want a lawsuit on my hands either…
  • Upvote 1

Guest PrincessAb

What kind of difficulties in the workplace for having their natural hair?

http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/11/black-woman-loses-job-offer-because-she-refused-to-take-out-her-braids/

That is f*cked up if it's true but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't allow her to have her hair like that in the UK. And this comment give me a sense of doubt. Why would she be worried about a lawsuit or destroying their business, she should be inviting a legal case against them.  

I am not currently naming the company (as much as i’d like to right now out of indignation and anger) because I do not intend to destroy someones livelihood and business, and I don’t really want a lawsuit on my hands either…

I'm pretty sure the name of the company was leaked on tumblr some company in East London! I'll look later

A lot of white girls have fake hair and extensions, more or less the same thing really

Disgusting either way

confused as to why this got so many quotes because its not the same thing at all really

white girls are getting fake hair extensions that are of similar textures to the hair they already have on their head

black girls are not putting afro hair into their head, it is straight textured hair that is not natural to them

ofcourse you get the exceptions but for the most part this is true

For the majority of black women weave is easier to manage and less time consuming than dealing with their natural hair. Black women are also taught than in order to be accepted they must conform to European standards of beauty. There have been cases where women have difficulties in the workplace when wearing natural/black hairstyles. Also some black women do have naturally straight hair in certain parts of Africa... I have relaxed hair, not because I want a hair texture different to my own but because it's thick and would take hours to maintain if it was natural.

im going to say this from the bottom... the pits of my heart...

I f*cking HATE IT WHEN BLACK GIRLS SAY THIS SENTENCE

ARE YOU DELUSIONAL?

CARRY ON SAYING THAT SENTENCE TO YOURSELF...

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT, WHATSOEVER...

STOP KIDDING YOURSELVES

But have u ever had a weave. Do u know what it entails?

Have u ever grown ur hair and had to manage it urself?

No so shut up

It is part of it. But it is all about European standards of beauty

At uni in a debate many girls said things like natural hair/braids was childish an they wouldn't be taken seriously

I think women should do what they want with their hair. We have been since time in memorial. But one needs to be comfortable in ones own skin an hair an love ones self. Long as the reason is nothing to with anyone elses perception then do u

• Downvote 2

how can you even possibly say to yourself..

how can you even possibly fathom the logic of 'i wont be taken seriously/people wont like me'

not every white girl with straight hair is good looking you know

not every white girl who has decided to cut her hair is good looking you know

black girls really are afraid of just sporting their own hair

jeezuz christo of nazareth

i was gna write out something long but why don't you speak to your mum or other female family members

or if you know any outside your family, ask them innit - have this conversation

Me personally I have never thought like that but I completely understand the thinking and perceptions

yh because I'm sure they asked Laura to remove her hair extensions for the same reasons   8-)

/

Did man really compare a mohawk to braids 

:/

:lol:

I did yea. Go ahead and enlighten me on what your thoughts are for the reasoning then.

Conforming to European standards of beauty.

like dst said if they're neat then what's the problem.

Just wondering when people ramble on about white people who exactly they're talking about

I have a similar complexion to most Arabs but I'm "white", but timebomb is not.

Same goes for blacks. Whole thing is silly

It's not silly. You know who you identify with so stfu

/ you and your mum are coonish for wearing weave.

Wig is understandable in some cases but alot of the reasons for wearing wigs now is cos you dun fried your hair to death with the tongs that it's destroyed your scalp and hair can't grow no more

• Upvote 2

Just wondering when people ramble on about white people who exactly they're talking about

I have a similar complexion to most Arabs but I'm "white", but timebomb is not.

Same goes for blacks. Whole thing is silly

It's not silly. You know who you identify with so stfu

/ you and your mum are coonish for wearing weave.

Wig is understandable in some cases but alot of the reasons for wearing wigs now is cos you dun fried your hair to death with the tongs that it's destroyed your scalp and hair can't grow no more

Do you identify as white or as Chinese?