Is Stormzy a Industry Plant?

Niall Ferguson

As I said you don't have real knowledge or a well rounded understanding of the culture.

You telling me when Dizzee sold 250k copies of his album first year grime wasn't something the industry was able to monetise?

Are you saying the industry had control over what was being consumed when So Solid released their debut album?

Coarse not

So what are you actually talm bout?

/

Stormzys success benefits him and Adidas

How does it benefit ANY other artist let alone EVERY artist in the scene?

These are just wild statements with no real basis

I'm talking about Stormzy's album being a stake in the ground for Grime in the mainstream in 2017, nothing more

and Dizzee was not the mainstream monetising Grime, it was them monetising Dizzee

if the industry had monetised Grime in 2003 it would have been a completely different story, someone like you would have probably had a paying career out of it if that was the case

/

Stormzy is an industry darling, and him having a well known planned release in 2017 shows everyone that Grime isn't a "oh that's so 2016" thing

im really not proposing anything outlandish here, I just want to see a solid platform for new artists that isn't gonna fall from under them the minute it's not the in thing anymore

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Lionel & Dave said:

I'm talking about Stormzy's album being a stake in the ground for Grime in the mainstream in 2017, nothing more

and Dizzee was not the mainstream monetising Grime, it was them monetising Dizzee

if the industry had monetised Grime in 2003 it would have been a completely different story, someone like you would have probably had a paying career out of it if that was the case

You love to rewrite history enni

You do realise SLK were signed right?

:rofl:

lionel rewrites grime everytime he talks about it

• Upvote 7

Industry did try to monetise it, all you gotta do is look at The change RWDMAG went thru (the actual mag not the forum) the thing basically became a catalogue. Adidas were giving every tom dick n harry free garms... difference now is they are actually putting dons fully on the payroll and buying in to their projects rather than the approach of if they don't pop well just get the next in line.

adidas have been funding stormzy like a label

• Upvote 3

Hype hype was a rave banger 

• Upvote 9

Plant or not. Stormzy will have big effect on the scene as a whole.

He is bound to have a good run. The marketing behind this is strong. 

Artists in the scene are plugging the hype via social media and all.

I expect him to appear on some major festivals too. 

It can't go wrong for him.