Is Stormzy a Industry Plant?

Niall Ferguson

1 minute ago, Trueteller said:

The fact people question whether he's a plant or not is hating...

Slave mentality...read your history

Nothing to do with that mate, did hate originate with slavery or something, i don't get it?

Seems like an emotion that man has had since the beginning of time.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Yeshua said:

Nothing to do with that mate, did hate originate with slavery or something, i don't get it?

Seems like an emotion that man has had since the beginning of time.

What I'm talking about is the idea that a black man can only be a 'clear' success if he's a plant or sold his soul to the white man...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

“hater” has now become the go-to word to counter anyone the masses disagree with, speak ill of anything and anyone, and watch how quickly someone will brand you a “hater”.

Similar to people disagreeing with Republican politics, you're automatically labelled a "libtard" despite stating the observable.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Trueteller said:

What I'm talking about is the idea that a black man can only be a 'clear' success if he's a plant or sold his soul to the white man...

Stormzy is only a success because of the suits at Adidas and their marketing tek.

There are at least 50 other MC's with the same level of talent or more than what Stormzy has that have seen a fraction of his success over the years

3 hours ago, Bruno Di Gradi said:

I dunno why people say it's hating 

He's undeserved and makes mediocre grime talking about the imaginary don he's got a problem with with a major brand backing him. 

Never heard him on radio...Never heard his name mentioned ...He skipped everything, had bare views on videos...

His fans are the type that would be scared of him by looking at him but he's got that smiley happy vibe outside the music that makes him acceptable. These dons like to feel a bit road listening to stormzy.

People forget this guy was in the promo video for the biggest transfer Signing in football ever. That's no mistake. Adidas have got this on smash. His management team has some kinda partnership with Adidas (you can Google)

What I'm waiting on is what happens next after this album. He will win Brit awards and mobos *lulz*. But then which direction does he go.

I just want good music to win. That's all

this is the music business where unfortunately it's rarely to do with how good your music is but how well you connect with your audience, I would have rather man like Devlin in stormzys position but Devlin was never as active on the socials as stormzy was.

But if Devlin was I can bet man on here would be callin the industry racist and how someone not as talented as Devs but BLACK should be in Devs position

????

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bruno Di Gradi said:

His fans are the type that would be scared of him by looking at him but he's got that smiley happy vibe outside the music that makes him acceptable. These dons like to feel a bit road listening to stormzy.

He's gone clear with the friendly road man angle

Guy tweeted who's recorded match of the day drop me your address I'm going to come to your yard and watch it

2 hours later he posted a pic bunning in the back garden with two cheeky nandos youts

Genius PR

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, yhfam said:

this is the music business where unfortunately it's rarely to do with how good your music is but how well you connect with your audience, I would have rather man like Devlin in stormzys position but Devlin was never as active on the socials as stormzy was.

But if Devlin was I can bet man on here would be callin the industry racist and how someone not as talented as Devs but BLACK should be in Devs position

????

I wouldn't. 

If Devlin had better direction when he got signed it could of been sick. But he put out some shit tunes. Same with dot rotten. 

Focusing marketing on six cities

Adidas also outlined the logic behind its plans to focus its marketing efforts on six major global cities: New York, Shanghai, Paris, Tokyo, Los Angeles and London.

It said the plans make sense because 50% of the global population currently live in cities and 80% of global GDP is generated in metropolitan areas.

The German brand said that up until 2020 it will “disproportionately” invest marketing and retail experiences within these six cities as it aims to outperform its rivals in terms of market share and brand advocacy.

“The influence of global metropolitan areas on trends and brands cannot be overstated. The fate of global brands is decided in global cities. If we want to be successful in the future, we need to win in key cities,” explained Christopher Williams, vice-president of commercial planning and development.

“Our focus on key cities enables us to activate our categories in the right areas and engage with communities in the most relevant neighbourhoods. And this then filters down to the rest of the countries.”

/

Why pay Kanye when you can make your own....

• Upvote 7

http://disruptltd.com/heres-how-adidas-won-big-with-stormzy-in-2015/

Stormzy has had a big year. No doubt about it, however its the early brands that become the real winners attaching themselves to the influencers. Some associations flow more naturally the others, and the impact can vary. However, Stormzy has delivered far beyond for Adidas that a gifting relationship should ever. We don’t claim to know the ins and outs of Stormzy relationship with Adidas, but what we do know is this; he has profoundly impacted Adidas’ reputation. Their brand trend rise 40% since this time last year. No coincidence the data correlates to Stormzy’s consistent release schedule.

adidas_brand-trend.png

We took a selection of YouTube videos of which Stormzy can be associated with Adidas, a combined view total of over 27.7 Million views to calculate the value that this endorsement on one channel alone (not to mention TV, Social Media reach, Likes etc) was worth.

At a base youtube ad rate of £2CPM (Cost per thousand views) Usually a pop up ad or trueview, with no association with the content itself – would cost Adidas over £50K to advertise against. Considering the level of endorsement, with Stomzy wearing the brand so heavily, we could map a £10 CPM against the views, which would cost Adidas £270K to advertise against. The endorsement on YouTube videos alone is worth between £150-250K and the impact its had should yield a premium. For contrast, Rita Ora’s Adidas deal was worth £1.6 Million last year.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Bruno Di Gradi said:

I wouldn't. 

If Devlin had better direction when he got signed it could of been sick. But he put out some shit tunes. Same with dot rotten. 

Dot ain't willing to play the game atorrrrrrrrr

will not put anything out he's not 100% happy with or he feels comes across as contrived. I've begged him to release some of the bangers I've heard but he's not on it atorrrrrrrrrrrrr

• User featured this topic