Is Stormzy a Industry Plant?

Niall Ferguson

3 hours ago, Young Bape said:

Bad Man is a cool guy it's his opinion which he entitled to why get personal and mention peoples family just because of Stormzy? Bad Man isn't a hater u don't typically see him hate on anything he's a positive type guy that will give praise to an artist or anything if in his opinion it's deserving. I have a problem with Drift and Lieutenant because they literally hate on everything and are insecure they can't accept people will have a different personality to them so this why both are pricks. But Bad Man is one of the best posters here

:rofl:

/

You left out @Agony bro 

8 hours ago, Kuffir said:

far from a plant

how is there still not a decent uk rap radio show/podcast though kmrt

radio for the most part is dead no one is listening to that anymore. i know that white grime mc from west has a uk rap/grime podcast cant rember the name of it, i said it in the other thread podcasting is the new blogging mandem that can hold a conversation and have the links to get to these rappers/mcs should start one before these hipsters do. 

I don't know if people are hating or not but i honestly don't understand this whole plant/tool argument. Doesn't chance the rapper have the type of relationship with apple that you're all theorising that stormzy has with addidas? Chance clearly has benefited from a huge media/industry push, just did an advert for kit kat, won a grammy, and he did it all independant. What's the problem?

But let's say he's not independant, how is he any different from any other signed rapper/grime artist? Isn't the whole point of being signed is that the lable is suppose to push you and your product in everyone's faces. This "tool of the white man" talk is backwards. I would understand if the sound wasn't authentic, or didn't sound like our sound, but it does. White man pushes you to his benefit, you make sure you get what you need from the relationship to further yourself and build up a power position, then you put others on and do you're own thing, hopefully getting rich in the process... people live this model in most careers, if it's not for you fair enough, but allow the coon talk.

End of the day a black boy from ends is doing well making music that is true to what/where i come from, as well as making people realise black uk music can be gritty and black, and still sell thus worth investing in... i don't understand why you lot are moving on some crabs in a bucket ting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

1 hour ago, o-guy said:

End of the day a black boy from ends is doing well making music that is true to what/where i come from, as well as making people realise black uk music can be gritty and black, and still sell thus worth investing in...

Nines did this the other week and I was happy for him

• Upvote 2

The thing is tho if stormzy did grind from the beginning and started where most grime mcs did then know one would have a problem... he was just hot shotted by adidas to a position near the top with a fake backstory that us on here who have been around since the start of grime are like huh? Wait that cant be right? And now as an "independent" he is getting a marketing push bigger then pop stars like Adele and One Direction....

So....

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, o-guy said:

I don't know if people are hating or not but i honestly don't understand this whole plant/tool argument. Doesn't chance the rapper have the type of relationship with apple that you're all theorising that stormzy has with addidas? Chance clearly has benefited from a huge media/industry push, just did an advert for kit kat, won a grammy, and he did it all independant. What's the problem?

But let's say he's not independant, how is he any different from any other signed rapper/grime artist? Isn't the whole point of being signed is that the lable is suppose to push you and your product in everyone's faces. This "tool of the white man" talk is backwards. I would understand if the sound wasn't authentic, or didn't sound like our sound, but it does. White man pushes you to his benefit, you make sure you get what you need from the relationship to further yourself and build up a power position, then you put others on and do you're own thing, hopefully getting rich in the process... people live this model in most careers, if it's not for you fair enough, but allow the coon talk.

End of the day a black boy from ends is doing well making music that is true to what/where i come from, as well as making people realise black uk music can be gritty and black, and still sell thus worth investing in... i don't understand why you lot are moving on some crabs in a bucket ting.

you are so dumb & fully indoctrinated and you don't even know it :rofl:

sadly u are not alone

31 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

The thing is tho if stormzy did grind from the beginning and started where most grime mcs did then know one would have a problem... he was just hot shotted by adidas to a position near the top with a fake backstory that us on here who have been around since the start of grime are like huh? Wait that cant be right? And now as an "independent" he is getting a marketing push bigger then pop stars like Adele and One Direction....

So....

Alright i get that, and i agree it's weird the way he just popped up. So lets say some white guy just plucked him from obsecurity and was like i'm going to make you a star and make some money off of you while i do it. My point is that depending on his character and how genuwine his love for the culture is, do you not see how this could be and opporutnity for the genre? Like even what it just means for the next black dude standing in an office saying to an executives office invest in blah blah look at stormzy black street music can sell

46 minutes ago, Incumbent said:

you are so dumb & fully indoctrinated and you don't even know it :rofl:

sadly u are not alone

Anyone who is working for someone else is most likly getting pimped out. The point is that you use that time of exposure to an industry/career to educate and increase your experince in relation to that industry/career so you can one day make a move that empowers yourself. It's the rationale behind all internship and trainee positions the world over.

I hope stormzy has good people around him that remind him learn what he can and make the right moves to build for others.

I get that you feel like you're seeing a truth that i'm not, but your post above is a big part of the problem with black people as a whole. instead of judging people try actually explaining you're point. But i'm guessing that's a bit long for you.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, o-guy said:

Alright i get that, and i agree it's weird the way he just popped up. So lets say some white guy just plucked him from obsecurity and was like i'm going to make you a star and make some money off of you while i do it. My point is that depending on his character and how genuwine his love for the culture is, do you not see how this could be and opporutnity for the genre? Like even what it just means for the next black dude standing in an office saying to an executives office invest in blah blah look at stormzy black street music can sell

Does he even like grime? For all we know he is just an actor reciting lines, grime was fully dead before stormzy popped up... hadnt heard the name used in mainstream media since rolldeeps little run... 

the question is who will profit off of Stormzys big push at the top and the return of grime...

will we see guys who have been grafting for years get a chance ? (Doubt it)

The grime scene right now consists of just Stormzy... his main goal is to make adidas "cool" again in London and once you conquer that market the reat of the UK falls in line.

He wont be judged on record sales but clothing sales amongst certain demographics and in certain areas.

Dont care for the race stuff too much but its just more credible for a grime star to look like Stormzy then previous plants like Example.

• Upvote 7

it's not messed up, you just can't see it's the same ol bullshit and it's nothing new

they fund you to control you

these fuckers DO NOT CARE ABOUT "THE SCENE" or authenticity of our arts

it's only ever been about the money

unfortunately ppl like you somehow equate artists/sports guys from the ends doing good as indicative of care, love of black excellence or some push towards musical equality across the board

it's not

/

black people don't control the music business why?

we sell out at the first opportunity, in stormz's case man sold out before most of us even heard of him

it's 2017 and we still can't empower ourselves by funding and maintaining control of our craft

• Upvote 8

• User featured this topic