Niall Ferguson

Is Stormzy a Industry Plant?

1 hour ago, dub said:

I like it, but I'm not sure the type of impact its supposed to have. If you're applying for Cambridge then you're probably not gonna be deterred by the fees anyway. Or you shouldn't be.

I guess it may increase the popularity of the school among the black community, increasing applicant numbers and thus perhaps increasing intake of black people.

It's a great marketing move from the team behind Stormzy tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Realone2016 said:

Im sure they 'been' doing it just took the 'white' out of student so its less bait.

Exactly

I really want to hate on this stomzy guy. carry a knife and get shift so I can send some hate your way. 

I pray to God some  under age ting comes out of the closet and exposes this youth or some half brother or sister he is not doing right by. This nigga is to clean cut and I don't like it. I wanted to get at him for not visiting that kid in the hospice but he then visited the poor sod.

When you slip up I will be first in the Que sending shots. You ain't Teflon

• Downvote 2

the mainstream has plenty of "made it from nothing" white people like Lord Sugar or Richard Branson who can be role models for poor white kids who want to make something of themselves

people misunderstand that there are more disadvantages to black people than simply perhaps starting off poor, there is systematic racism that keeps people of the community down and it requires, unfortunately, some favouring placed over white people who might feel they are as disadvantaged class/financial wise than the black people who are receiving the favouring

but telling one disadvantaged person that another person's disadvantage is more of a priority isn't really acceptable - we actually need to treat disadvantaged white people's problems as well as black people's 

but it shouldn't be a response of "oh this is a racist scholarship, fuck Stormzy" it should be "hey Cambridge, I'm from a poor, white community, are there any programmes to help with my disadvantage?" 

• Upvote 1

Every white person that wants to go Oxbridge is either there or in a slightly lower ranked Russell Group uni.

Most poor white kids are after that cash in hand economy anyway. They'll take home more p than most graduates in their lifetimes. That's the world we need to pushing more young blacks towards.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drift said:

Every white person that wants to go Oxbridge is either there or in a slightly lower ranked Russell Group uni.

Poor white kids are after that cash in hand economy. They'll take home more p than most graduates in their lifetimes.

Real talk.

They should mind their business while we do right over here for ourselves. 

Its silence when we have tragedies or "the black community need to..", but as soon as its opportunity time or money daemon gang talk up "what about us?". 

Other communities have whole schools, insular banking systems, networks and support structures and they want to get on to stormzy for paying for two black people tution fees? 

Even Asians getting jabs in 😂

Were just for everybody during good times arent we.

• Upvote 5
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, The Infamous said:

😂😂😂

Point In this ? 

Thought he was gna be talking sense 

still dont know any of this guys songs 

NEVER hear them in the rave 

but hes headlingion glasto 

i dont think anyone that i know actually knows this bruddas tune 

i am confuse

When this guys song first started getting spins on radio 1 in 2014 I was baffed, the one which video was filmed in ikea Croydon car park. 

The tune was trash, it had that bar you're not bad your area is which for some reason was marketed as the best lyric since slice bread when in was just an average bar