lex

You can't really compare RWD to SBTV, RWD could never have been in that mindset.

Swear RWD despite us all at one time loving the magazine it didn't generate the funds they wanted or the distribution numbers they felt they needed to influence more major paying brands.

Print was on the down, digital was on the up... Video was hardly available at that point. Then SBTV came along with perfect timing as video was on the up. RWD had a strong digital platform but failed to embrace it, and failed to jump on video soon enough. 

that indian yout that ran ukrecordshop is apparently doing bits these days. good on him

AJ?
Yeah, he bought 2sg back in the day just for the mailing list. Im Sure he approached dan aswell to buy ours aswell

Surprised he never took ukrs digital tbh, could of killed it.

Fuck rwd takes me back, migrated from 2sg fucking way back which also died in a similar fashion to rwd

The picture section n introduce me board was fucking brutal

2SG got taken over by UkRecordShop but all the users left with Gaz :(

You can't really compare RWD to SBTV, RWD could never have been in that mindset.

Swear RWD despite us all at one time loving the magazine it didn't generate the funds they wanted or the distribution numbers they felt they needed to influence more major paying brands.

Print was on the down, digital was on the up... Video was hardly available at that point. Then SBTV came along with perfect timing as video was on the up. RWD had a strong digital platform but failed to embrace it, and failed to jump on video soon enough.
All they ever cared about was ABC numbers, I emailed about getting a page advert years later and despite print bring way down it was triple the price, as they had tripled their ABC and this was "mates rates". Needless to say I never took the ad out and tbh I hadn't seen a hard copy of the magazine for years. Also their digital rate card was way cheaper, so I doubt the mindset has changed much.

I don't disagree just RWD probably saw no money in video content (SB didn't even), plus you must remember them getting content is more complex as partly cos they wanted money for everything and where as artists will give and let Jamal come shoot their hood video, the minute RWD try, artists will want p's, but again this is cos of their relationships with them also.

All they ever cared about was ABC numbers, I emailed about getting a page advert years later and despite print bring way down it was triple the price, as they had tripled their ABC and this was "mates rates". Needless to say I never took the ad out and tbh I hadn't seen a hard copy of the magazine for years. Also their digital rate card was way cheaper, so I doubt the mindset has changed much.

I don't disagree just RWD probably saw no money in video content, plus you must remember them getting content is more complex as partly cos they wanted money for everything and where as artists will give and let Jamal come shoot their hood video, the minute RWD try, artists will want p's, but again this is cos of their relationships with them also.

Yeah... Nail + Head

Were you involved in those days? You seem to know 

f*ck rwd takes me back, migrated from 2sg f*cking way back which also died in a similar fashion to rwd

The picture section n introduce me board was f*cking brutal

2SG got taken over by UkRecordShop but all the users left with Gaz :(
Yer but where they left too was dead too,

It's weird how 2sg n rwd where basically the same kinda thing but the usebase was so different

Didn't 2SG evolve from Staylocked.com ? 

Staylocked and Uptown Forums were the original. I remember when Logan was infamous on Uptown for his strong views. 

Then RWD and 2SG started to take over but as you say were very different... 2SG had more garage / music and RWD had the Grime if i remember? 

The rise of rwd forums coincided with the rise in grime there was no actual grime room because the name grime wasnt really used until people in the garage room started getting pissy about dubstep and mc based topics taking over.

The rise of rwd forums coincided with the rise in grime there was no actual grime room because the name grime wasnt really used until people in the garage room started getting pissy about dubstep and mc based topics taking over.

Oh yeah... fair point actually... It came from Garage .... i think for a while the forum was split into names like 'Grimey Garage / Sublow / Eski' at the point it didn't have a defined name.

I'd say the way it evolved it's core userbase become known for Grime topics or fans of underground music coming together to talk about other stuff ... but you are right it evolved at the same time

Thing is RWD as a brand is so recognisable even now that if they went about recreating a platform correctly it could be successful in minimal time with minimal effort.

Yeah fair point. Brands can pivot and re-invent themselves, happens often.

Rwd times were MAD

Certain mcs signing up under a diff name and making topics about themselves ???

Head shots and exposures galore in whatever

Sports room banter >>>

I remember open mic as well lol

I remember when tippa ghosted me for nonsense

2sg invasion lmao

Foz t lmao