Those promising films that started well and went tits up.

Heero Yuy

Was thinking about this when Rsonist mentioned Bridge of spies, doesn't deserve a mention in this thread but it got me thinking.

War of the worlds - smh, probably one of the best 30 minutes of a film that ranks of one of the most disappointing I've ever watched. The alien invasion, people getting disintegrated, pure chaos.. absolutely brilliant. Then it all goes horrible. There's a massive war between the army and the aliens to which his son runs off to fight, you don't see it. Then Tom Cruise and his daughter get stuck in a house with a crazy guy which feels like 10 hours of real time, then blah blah blah germs kill the aliens.

The film that spawned shyamalaned

The film forced a complete reboot of the franchise and butchered probably one of the most famous and iconic storylines of all time. 

Still love this film but I won't lie, really goes downhill in the middle, so many plot holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTOSd-6-fxk

FFS look at the trailer, if this would've ended in the ring it may have been a GOAT. Instead Stallone hated it and pretty much ignored it from the continuity of the rocky universe.

The modern day blue print of how to make a good half of a film and a hilariously bad second half. The best out of the prequels by default, starts of semi promising but then just george lucas'd itself for the third and final act. Everything from Anakin turning to darth vader for the filmiest of reasons, murdering the younglins when about 15 minutes ago he was a good guy. From him losing to obi wan because he never had the high ground, ahh fuck it, just fuck it.

Reckon its easier to name films that finish strong

Probably only a handful

http://www.movieplotholes.com/the-dark-knight-rises.html

For anyone with the time or curiosity, they f*cked up so much in DKR.

Think Nolan suffered from the same 'fuck it let's just get it finished' breakdown that Josh Wheddon suffered from when doing age of ulton.

from the detail from DK to the lack of in DKR, it's almost like they were made by different people.

Matrix 2 into 3.

The potential was endless. Honestly could of been OUR Star Wars.

I'm actually upset cos that 1st film was GOAT.

Think it was just the case 2+3 couldn't live up to the first

Should have just ended it there tbh the first one was a masterpiece 

Bit like Terminator shouldnt have gone past number 2, which was also a masterpiece 

Full metal jacket always comes to mind

The Vietnam part was aight but the boot camp bit set levels way too high.

*shock.gif*

Film is a masterpiece from beginning to end

I see what your saying though, it takes a few watches to fully appreciate

The boot camp bit was 10/10

Never before or after has there ever been so much prolonged concentrated ether.

The Vietnam part was like 7/10

• Upvote 1