Jump to content

BREXIT  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. With regards to Britains vote on leaving the EU. Will you vote to stay IN or get OUT.


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pmsl Thun, Work? Profession? What sector?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Supermalt said:

British arrogance is amazing. So many happy with no deal and "trading with the rest of the world" like it empire part 2. Wtf.

Willing to die on a sinking ship as long as it has your name on it. Fucking clowns.

 

collateral damage flex 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Supermalt said:

British arrogance is amazing. So many happy with no deal and "trading with the rest of the world" like it empire part 2. Wtf.

Willing to die on a sinking ship as long as it has your name on it. Fucking clowns.

 

I think it's worth the gamble of no deal

The EU is also a sinking ship

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Badman said:

The notion of nationalism and the 'country' entity is slowly becoming outdated and obsolete 

The notion of an EU state is a progressive one IMO

Smh, just look at America (USA), I do not want tbh. 

The way it is at the moment is fine. To have a political union like that with so many different core cultures isn't a good move and is not progressive. We are seeing move local power, which is more progressive than giving a massive state the core power. Imagine if these (would be former) countries had their ability to stop any of the laws taking place. Nah mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But not just trading but also work and army too... these european countries will be looked at like people look at african countries in a 100 years or so if they dont band together

We in the era of the superstate 

Look at upcoming powerhouses like brazil

CY2wikh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

Even India 

true_size_india.png

Need to band together or get rolled over

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Da Luv Doc said:

Smh, just look at America (USA), I do not want tbh. 

The way it is at the moment is fine. To have a political union like that with so many different core cultures isn't a good move and is not progressive. We are seeing move local power, which is more progressive than giving a massive state the core power. Imagine if these (would be former) countries had their ability to stop any of the laws taking place. Nah mate.

Never said anything about how power is distributed or the structure of government.

USA again based on primitive nationalistic principals,

a progressive state entity needs to have more focus on free trade and commerce and without borders 

freedom of movement as well as long as it can be managed correctly. And it can tbh we are not far off.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Badman said:

a progressive state entity needs to have more focus on free trade and commerce and without borders 

freedom of movement as well as long as it can be managed correctly. And it can tbh we are not far off.

 

 

How do you conform 500m+ people, from 28  diffetent countries,  different ethnicities, with various religious, cultural and political beliefs  into a  progressive state? It’s hard enough to create a cohesive multicultural progressive society in a single country, let alone across a supposed super state like the eu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heero Yuy said:

 

How do you conform 500m+ people, from 28  diffetent countries,  different ethnicities, with various religious, cultural and political beliefs  into a  progressive state? It’s hard enough to create a cohesive multicultural progressive society in a single country, let alone across a supposed super state like the eu.

Exactly, it makes no sense. It's not progression neither, more regression.

 

Just trade as a crew and trade between each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Badman said:

Its all heading towards that direction

It wont happen overnight 

Its just dumb shit like brexit which hinders such progression 

It definitely seemed like it was going that way, but these right wing populist movement have threw a serious spanner in the works. Merkel on her way out, Macron having a hard time, the future is gonna be interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Da Luv Doc said:

Exactly, it makes no sense. It's not progression neither, more regression.

 

Just trade as a crew and trade between each other.

Please explain to me how you believe it is regressive?

And if it is not progressive, what do you believe to be a progressive solution?

The notion of nationalism might have been a good concept back in the stone age when communication, transportation, commerce, health, culture etc etc etc was all primitive

In this day and age when everything is accessible and cosmopolitan concepts like borders, language, religion, political systems etc are all slowly becoming bottlenecks in this modern and progressive society.

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, the West is right wing. It is becoming increasingly right wing/shifting to the right. In fact, is say they have always been right wing. Increasing a central power is diluting democracy due to a far larger general election. Which is why I agree with devolution of power to local areas. Throughout history, large states of "former countries" have always failed (look at all the empires and invasions).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Da Luv Doc said:

In general, the West is right wing. It is becoming increasingly right wing/shifting to the right. In fact, is say they have always been right wing. Increasing a central power is diluting democracy due to a far larger general election. Which is why I agree with devolution of power to local areas. Throughout history, large states of "former countries" have always failed (look at all the empires and invasions).

Never thought about it like that regards diluting democracy.

Devolution is power is certainly the right direction tho. The move towards globalisation has a lot of negatives

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Da Luv Doc said:

In general, the West is right wing. It is becoming increasingly right wing/shifting to the right. In fact, is say they have always been right wing. Increasing a central power is diluting democracy due to a far larger general election. Which is why I agree with devolution of power to local areas. Throughout history, large states of "former countries" have always failed (look at all the empires and invasions).

I never mentioned anything about increasing a central power 

you need to stop thinking on those levels, empire you know smh

/

I try not to refer to the concept of Globalisation as that notion comes from a primitive standpoint.

all these political and social systems, nationalism, capitalism, right wing, left wing, democracy, communism, socialism etc have no place in contemporary society imo. 

The reality here is that modern civilisation is made up of a lot of these so called labels it’s not as clear cut as it was back then when there wasn’t many options or choice, was far easier and convenient to adopt such labels 

it’s not a logical viewpoint to adopt these labels when trying to describe the system that we are living in currently imo. If anything it just adds further bottlenecks and slows down progression. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Badman said:

I never mentioned anything about increasing a central power 

you need to stop thinking on those levels, empire you know smh

/

I try not to refer to the concept of Globalisation as that notion comes from a primitive standpoint.

all these political and social systems, nationalism, capitalism, right wing, left wing, democracy, communism, socialism etc have no place in contemporary society imo. 

The reality here is that modern civilisation is made up of a lot of these so called labels it’s not as clear cut as it was back then when there wasn’t many options or choice, was far easier and convenient to adopt such labels 

it’s not a logical viewpoint to adopt these labels when trying to describe the system that we are living in currently imo. If anything it just adds further bottlenecks and slows down progression. 

 

 

in your view what are we progressing towards?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • FA23 featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...