BREXIT  

58 members have voted

1. 1. With regards to Britains vote on leaving the EU. Will you vote to stay IN or get OUT.

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry but how exactly is that basically the same thing?

May put an offer on the table to give all EU Citizens guaranteed stay here providing the EU reciprocated that offer to British Citizens.

Corbyn wanted to just guarantee EU Citizens the right to stay regardless of whether the EU were willing to grant that to British people or not.

You literally have no argument again that...... Absolute nonsense. The UK would have a far better hand negotiating if people in this country were not so up the EU's ass I know that much.

O Tite this guy before his wish for leadership got to him and turned him into a remainer.

4 hours ago, Gambino said:

No I don't work anymore. Decided to retire early and live off the tax contributions of Immigrants now. Win Win, so much money being put into the kitty down South us Northerners might as well kick back and put our feet up :Y:...We did our bit creating the Industrial Revolution, we earned it. You did ask me multiple times and I answered multiple times ( As Drift Noticed ) but you seem to ask me the same question every time you don't like my view on Brexit because you don't actually have anything else to say to it....?

Meanwhile there is some weird consensus on here of people looking down on the working class or anyone who didn't go down their same path in life and acting like they are wrong for not wanting any Immigrants coming in and driving down their wages or taking the jobs... From the people who act like they are living some millionaire lifestyle and can never be affected by Brexit whether Leave or Remain. Usually the ones boasting about the great education they received and amount they make and how safe their lifestyle is are the ones complaining in a next topic about the white man and system holding them back.

i doubt anyone looks down on the working class, they just look down on the stupid class. you may think its because you voted for brexit that you are scorned at, but its becase of the reasons you gave for voting, your support for the alt right and the other issues you mention that just show you up as the typical 'dey took er jobs' bufoon who cant compete with foreigners. 

you live in a capitalist society, and even support the party that believes in all its ideals and perks. yet at the same time think that these capitalists will not find another way to find cheap labour..these same people who majority fund the political system you are part of, without some serious knock on effect to the consumers, but time will hopefully educate you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gambino said:

Sorry but how exactly is that basically the same thing?

May put an offer on the table to give all EU Citizens guaranteed stay here providing the EU reciprocated that offer to British Citizens.

Corbyn wanted to just guarantee EU Citizens the right to stay regardless of whether the EU were willing to grant that to British people or not.

You literally have no argument again that...... Absolute nonsense. The UK would have a far better hand negotiating if people in this country were not so up the EU's ass I know that much.

O Tite this guy before his wish for leadership got to him and turned him into a remainer.

It is the same thing. one just laid out the clause (without getting any guarantees) while the other just laid out the policy in anticipation that they will reciprocate.

it makes perfect sense that, if what corbin offered was met with..we will not guarantee the UK citizen rights or they could not enjoy the same rights as we have offered EU citizens then the UK would be under no obligation to offer the same. At the end of the day, both parties offered something for nothing,  without getting any reciprocal guarantees. 

in any case the actual statement made by labour was this " on day one of a Labour government we will immediately guarantee that all EU nationals currently living in the UK will see no change in their legal status as a result of Brexit, and we will seek reciprocal rights for UK citizens in the EU," he ( labours brexit negotiator) said.

Thast why i say that this was not the argument they were criticised for it was the fact that they offered something without getting anything... which is exactly what the torys have done. 

• Downvote 1

And you are the type of people I love to be smug to knowing you lost the vote. That you can sit back and talk absolute bollocks all day about how BREXIT can never affect you because you are self made and co do this and that and then claim anyone who voted Brexit is the stupid class when their are quite clearly better educated people than you ever will be who also chose that path.

Dumbest cunts I see in this country are those ANTIFA types and I'm afraid they really represent your side.

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Gambino said:

And you are the type of people I love to be smug to knowing you lost the vote. That you can sit back and talk absolute bollocks all day about how BREXIT can never affect you because you are self made and co do this and that and then claim anyone who voted Brexit is the stupid class when their are quite clearly better educated people than you ever will be who also chose that path.

Dumbest cunts I see in this country are those ANTIFA types and I'm afraid they really represent your side.

whilst on the other hand this is what May said: Guaranteeing the rights of EU nationals in Britain without first getting mutual assurances over Britons based in the bloc, as demanded by Labour, would have left the latter group “high and dry”, May argued.

so tell me what the EU has offered or guaranteed for them to have offered this today?

• Downvote 1

Ahh fuck even arguing that. Just clearly pointed out it ain't the same and you are still saying it is. I'm baffled how May offering something for something in return is the same as Corbyn offering something with nothing in return... But whatever..... Moving on.

• Downvote 4

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

whilst on the other hand this is what May said: Guaranteeing the rights of EU nationals in Britain without first getting mutual assurances over Britons based in the bloc, as demanded by Labour, would have left the latter group “high and dry”, May argued.

so tell me what the EU has offered or guaranteed for them to have offered this today?

So wait........ You are quoting something which 100% backs up the point I have made, and you are still arguing I am wrong, whilst putting up a quote that backs me lol.......... Lad.. Forget it, Stupid Class just became very relevant round here.

• Downvote 2

may has not got any mutual assurance, but has made the offer.  Labour made the offer without getting any mutual assurance BUT SAID THEY WOULD REQUEST THE SAME FROM THE EU. She has done the exact same thing because i do not see any difference in what the labour brexit negotiatior said ...........LOOK AT WHAT I POSTED FFS  

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Platinum50 said:

Imo it comes from a disdain for the average poor working class white people from political types.

/

Its funny when I lived up in the Midlands for a minute I noticed white people who done well for themselves look at them types as scum lol and alot of the flight to London has to do with getting away from them.

Similar to the way alot of the London working class has left London and surrounding areas to get away from black and brown people. The dualities lol.

I concur. The way some of these people from outside london come here an talk trash about "chavs" where they come from jus cos they think theyve made it. Makes me laugh because there's some middle class person callin that very person a chav...so....

disdain is really the right word

• Upvote 1

LOL Jesus christ........ Imagine this

Corbyn hasn't been invited to negotiate yet, but Corbyn being the nice guy that he is without even talking to the EU has told the world EU Citizens can stay in the UK REGARDLESS........ Corbyn is guaranteeing their rights, Corbyn hasn't spoke to the EU about British rights, because Corbyn doesn't care at this point. So when he reaches the negotiations and the EU say nar mate sorry, British people just gots to fo.. Corbyn is like oh ok then... Well, that's fine, I already guaranteed EU people they can stay in Britain so it is what it is, Brits will just have to come home.

Theresa May has gone to meet the EU and said to them hey...... I'm a nice person too, I wanna guarantee the rights of those EU Citizens to stay, they can stay, BUT, I'm representing the British people and you have to guarantee my people the right to stay in the EU also, and THEN we can make a deal on that subject.

• Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Gambino said:

No I don't work anymore. Decided to retire early and live off the tax contributions of Immigrants now. Win Win, so much money being put into the kitty down South us Northerners might as well kick back and put our feet up :Y:...We did our bit creating the Industrial Revolution, we earned it. You did ask me multiple times and I answered multiple times ( As Drift Noticed ) but you seem to ask me the same question every time you don't like my view on Brexit because you don't actually have anything else to say to it....?

Meanwhile there is some weird consensus on here of people looking down on the working class or anyone who didn't go down their same path in life and acting like they are wrong for not wanting any Immigrants coming in and driving down their wages or taking the jobs... From the people who act like they are living some millionaire lifestyle and can never be affected by Brexit whether Leave or Remain. Usually the ones boasting about the great education they received and amount they make and how safe their lifestyle is are the ones complaining in a next topic about the white man and system holding them back.

Names names

because I know you ain't talking about me 

1 hour ago, Gambino said:

LOL Jesus christ........ Imagine this

Corbyn hasn't been invited to negotiate yet, but Corbyn being the nice guy that he is without even talking to the EU has told the world EU Citizens can stay in the UK REGARDLESS........ Corbyn is guaranteeing their rights, Corbyn hasn't spoke to the EU about British rights, because Corbyn doesn't care at this point. So when he reaches the negotiations and the EU say nar mate sorry, British people just gots to fo.. Corbyn is like oh ok then... Well, that's fine, I already guaranteed EU people they can stay in Britain so it is what it is, Brits will just have to come home.

Theresa May has gone to meet the EU and said to them hey...... I'm a nice person too, I wanna guarantee the rights of those EU Citizens to stay, they can stay, BUT, I'm representing the British people and you have to guarantee my people the right to stay in the EU also, and THEN we can make a deal on that subject.

it wasnt regardless. i quoted what the shadow labour brexit negotiator said, and he said they would request reciprocal rights. 

It was regardless.. I'm sure Labour would seek rights for British people living overseas but they would of already put their bargaining powers down the shitter by pledging a guarantee that EU Citizens could stay before any negotiations had happened.... If the EU said no to the British staying ( Which I don't think they would ) do you then expect Labour to go back on their pledge for EU Citizens rights out of favour and respect for their own British people overseas?

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, Gambino said:

Why are you man not championing British people being guaranteed their rights over seas? Why were theirs not guaranteed by the EU from day one when we decided to leave? Ain't they meant to be these liberal caring good guys?

what makes you think Im not?

and LMFAO, is that really an argument? that they should just offer everything because theyre liberal but we should do nothing because its bargaining?

If the UK offered assurances to EU citizens what makes you think the EU wouldnt rush to do the same? seeing as theyre the liberal daring good guys

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

what makes you think Im not?

and LMFAO, is that really an argument? that they should just offer everything because theyre liberal but we should do nothing because its bargaining?

If the UK offered assurances to EU citizens what makes you think the EU wouldnt rush to do the same? seeing as theyre the liberal daring good guys

Becomes a very valid argument when some numpties are running around demonizing the British Government and claiming we are bargaining with peoples lives and should be giving guarantees regardless, well how the fuck is that they see the British as the bad party but are not willing to call out the EU for the same issue? You can't have one rule for one and for the other.

Well the fact the UK had put it on the table now and the EU are huffing and puffing and still not too happy with the deal what does that tell you genius?

http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-may-eu-citizens-offer-is-fair-and-serious-10924507

• Downvote 3

16 hours ago, Gambino said:

Becomes a very valid argument when some numpties are running around demonizing the British Government and claiming we are bargaining with peoples lives and should be giving guarantees regardless, well how the fuck is that they see the British as the bad party but are not willing to call out the EU for the same issue? You can't have one rule for one and for the other.

Well the fact the UK had put it on the table now and the EU are huffing and puffing and still not too happy with the deal what does that tell you genius?

http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-may-eu-citizens-offer-is-fair-and-serious-10924507

1. " You can't have one rule for one and for the other." so you end the argument by saying exactly what youre doing? we shouldnt offer guarantees but they should because you cant have one rule for one and one for another?

2. Well when EU residents are saying theyd have less rights than a jar of jam of course theyre not gonna be happy, 

1 minute ago, QPR Dee said:

1. " You can't have one rule for one and for the other." so you end the argument by saying exactly what youre doing? we shouldnt offer guarantees but they should because you cant have one rule for one and one for another?

2. Well when EU residents are saying theyd have less rights than a jar of jam of course theyre not gonna be happy, 

I'm not saying they should. I'm being sarcastic and saying all you idiots who claim that May is evil and bargaining with peoples lives whilst acting like the EU are somehow better need to shut up and pipe down.

I've not even heard any negatives from EU citizens yet, they seem unsure what is happening but happy with Mays proposal, it's the EU who are not happy because they wish to keep their little mitts in control. If EU Citizens do not want to live under British Laws, then it's quite simple, go the fuck home....... 

• Downvote 1

Feeling more upbeat about brexit now.

Priti Patel just declared we will be able to trade more freely with Ethiopia. Trade partnerships like this is what we need. 

David Davis interview with #marr was very positive too

• Upvote 2