BREXIT  

58 members have voted

1. 1. With regards to Britains vote on leaving the EU. Will you vote to stay IN or get OUT.

This poll is closed to new votes

GBP already falling as the brexit campaign gains momentum, and sure this trend will continue.

It's mad. I had to make a payment in euros for a repair last night. I was shocked at the rate. It's 1 > 1.2

£ should gain strength in the long run hopefully

Yeah it will fall as scaremongers will do what they can to make us stay but reckon will rocket once we leave and negotiate our own trade deals

What makes you think it will rocket?

The feel good factor after breaking free from there chains and other countries making fresh deals with us that benefit this country directly

Good read that comes to the conclusion any economic argument about leaving or staying in the EU isn't that relevant as we will be fine whichever the outcome is. It's not what the In campaign would want you to hear as that is pretty much the only argument they try to scaremonger with. 

https://woodfordfunds.com/economic-impact-brexit-report/

Brexit-in-numbers_Final.png

• Upvote 1

I'm not too sure who to believe tbh.

The article you posted is from a fund management company who invest primarily in UK listed companies. So the above findings are to their agenda.

Don't mean to be a prick, but I'm reading allot of articles as convincing to the opposite effect that I can't post.

But again some of them are to their own agenda.

I think what business is worried about is the short term affect tbh.

Things will eventually level out, they always do. It's that period before they do which is worrying people. Business is adaptable, at the same time it is very brittle.

You have tons of businesses who have built a foundation off being able to trade freely in Europe. If Britain leaves it'll have to renegotiate a trade deal with Europe and you can  bet it's gonna be like getting custody of your kids after you bailed on the marriage.

Being able to negotiate our own trade deals with our countries will reap long term benefits and stability, but it won't do fuck all in the short. 

We're the UK... The 5th largest economy in the world and our main strengths and what we are supposed to be the best in the world at is Law and Finance..... And yet these IN campaigners are telling us we're not good enough or have the means to do our own deals and go it alone? lol Madness.

5th strongest ATM yes. But the rankings don't really tell you the full story. It only equates to 3.9% of all countries GDP. However take the 4 countries above us, in total 50% of the distribution is there. We will always be largely a product of China and America's movements.

We will likely survive economically, but their argument, although exaggerated, isn't about just surviving.

There are already talks of banks moving sections of their business out of the UK, by the banks.

• Upvote 1

I have to remain all conspiracy theorist and skeptical on that Flex. When it's Goldman Sachs funding the IN campaign and we already know leaving the EU isn't in the interest of Rich Elites lining their own pockets off the back of everyone else, how am I gonna take any doom and gloom talk from them seriously? We already know they will try to keep us in at any cost.

It's going to a mine field for finding facts in the next few months of this campaign.

Yeah I'm not saying ur points are necessarily wrong, but more that there is no perfect option.

Certain ppl like thun screaming scaremonger to anything that goes against their argument without any actual facts or figures are just as dangerous as said purported scaremongers.

That economic argument is probably not going to be resolved. People are going to argue from in and out until their faces turn blue. I believe what that last guy said that I posted though, I think we'll be fine in that sense either way, personally I believe we will be better off out and not having to pay that EU membership which leaves us £8 Billion short every year even after a rebate.

The social argument regarding Immigration and driving down wages etc... Well I don't know how anyone can argue the benefits of being inside for that for those who want out. Think that's why you only hear the In campaign talking about job losses. doom and gloom, Bankers moving shop etc.

• Downvote 1

I think what business is worried about is the short term affect tbh.

Things will eventually level out, they always do. It's that period before they do which is worrying people.

This is my biggest worry, trying to set shit up to eat for the rest of my life... If things fuck up in the short term im fucked

• User featured this topic