Elijah Di trader exposed

Guest Blacksheet

9 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

PMSL don't know who Elijah is but the snapchats within that video are astounding. If you're stupid enough to think "this guy knows what he's talking about" when seeing them vids then you deserve to be fleeced

ever since instagram blew people are willing to do anything and everything to live that flossy instagram lifestyle which is why I try and keep minimal contact with social media because it really does fuck your reality got even grown men doing all kinds of shit to keepup. This get rich over night mentality has allowed guys like Elijah and those other 187 scammers to eat GABOS.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me: Hi. Is your win rate really 80%?
DCT: Hey mate, it's approximately 76% over the last few months to be more precise
Me: That's pretty cool. Is Martingaling part of the strategy? Also, how many trades on average per day have to be taken to average that win rate?
DCT: We send around 10 signals a day. With returns of around 76-86% on investmentB
Me: What % of capital at risk per trade to achieve that return?
DCT: We recommend putting 5/10% of capital on each trade. And that return is the profit you receive for each winning trade made. Not the percentage profit overall
Me: What's the overall though?
Main concern is how much can be returned over a sample of say 100 bets
DCT: Well like I said we average 76% on al trades. So out of 100 we would expect 76 to make profit
Me: OK, I misunderstood, I thought that's what you make per trade, not average. If that's the average, then I would like to try it out. I already have an account, is that cool? I am with cmc markets
DCT: We would need you to sign up to a different platform to follow our signals mate. Is that something you would be willing to do?
Me: why is that? 
DCT: I don't believe cmc is a binary options platform unless I'm mistaken?
Me: Yeah, they do offer binary, 85% payout
DCT: Ah well unfortunately we can't offer our free trial unless our Clients are using a platform we can cross check the details with
Me: Cross check as in? 
DCT: We need to cross check your sign up to the platform, with the trading signals which we offer. But to do so, you need to sign up with one of the platforms which we use. Is that okay man?
Me: So if I open an account with that provider, do I have to make deposit or not necessarily? Can I just watch the signals during the trial period?... 

... 1 hour later

Me: Hello?

Don't tell me the BA after his name in his tweet is in relation to his degree?! Only worth doing that (in finance) if you have CFA. Nobody gives a fuck otherwise.

Was once in a meeting with a fella (think David Brent) who had the alphabet after his name - BA, ACA, CFQ - makes you look more naive than prestige

On 29/03/2016 at 11:50 AM, Gordon Gekko said:

Don't tell me the BA after his name in his tweet is in relation to his degree?! Only worth doing that (in finance) if you have CFA. Nobody gives a fuck otherwise.

Was once in a meeting with a fella (think David Brent) who had the alphabet after his name - BA, ACA, CFQ - makes you look more naive than prestige

Did you do the CFA? 

/

LOL at putting BA after your name like every second c*nt out here hasn't been to uni.

Nah. I haven't got the strength to get through that just yet. In the next couple of years I will go for it.

I know people who passed all 3 levels first time. Then I know others who have tried level 1 a handful of times and still not passed. I'm somewhere in between the two. I'm not naturally gifted enough to fit a pass in around my schedule.

Mate of mine just got told if he doesn't pass this summers level 1 then his hedge fund are gonna let him go. Shit's brutal.

10 hours ago, Mame Biram Diouf said:

How did you manage to get a job in finance without the relevant qualifications? 

Don't need qualifications to get in mate (aside from undergrad at very least).

There are positions where you *have* to have qualifications (accountants largely; and brokers I believe) but for the large part it's just something that is encouraged (and may help you progress quicker). Many MD's within banks don't have any professional qualifications. I think it's something that holds more weight in the states really. However, being CFA qualified will get you more opportunities in high finance than any postgrad course imo. Having some sort of qualification going in can certainly help open doors though.

Any grads or career starters hoping to get into high-finance but don't have the typical background I'd suggest doing the IMC or CFQ qualifications off your own back. Both reasonably cheap. Both fairly easy content wise (IMC being part of the CFA charter and CFQ being very much the basis of Corporate Finance) and can show your competent & interested.

/

TF I did think that when you proposed the question last night. I'm sure, outside of the obvious fact that the guy is bullshitting, he'd probably be voiding some sort of regulations