Criticise Israel, you're an anti-semitic

Da Luv Doc

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-antisemitism-row-george-galloway-ken-livingstone-hitler-comments-historical-fact-a7006321.html

George Galloway has defended Ken Livingstone's comments that Hitler supported Zionism as "historical fact" but criticised them as poorly judged.

2 hours ago, Yuri said:

What I got from Livingstone comments is that "Hitler hated Jews, and he one point in time supported creating a state for Jews. Therefore israel existing must be a bad idea and if you support Israel existing you are agreeing with Hitler.

Not sure where you got the therefore from?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03qxjj1

1:48

It sounds to me as if he was trying to lend some credence to the legality of Hitler's behaviour according to Naz Shah.

The point he made didn't really do what he intended it to do, just created more confusion, from that perspective George Galloway is right, it was a poorly made point.

She used the hashtag #IsraelApartheid above a quote saying "Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal"

The quote is actually from Martin Luther King, he meant interms of not getting caught up in what is legal or not because according to the state evil behaviour could be termed as legal...

She obviously tried and failed to use the quote to make a similar point about Israel.

Ken Livingstone trying to defend those words was always a battle he was going to lose.

1 hour ago, Cole Des said:

Not sure where you got the therefore from?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03qxjj1

1:48

It sounds to me as if he was trying to lend some credence to the legality of Hitler's behaviour according to Naz Shah.

The point he made didn't really do what he intended it to do, just created more confusion, from that perspective George Galloway is right, it was a poorly made point.

The quote is actually from Martin Luther King, he meant interms of not getting caught up in what is legal or not because according to the state evil behaviour could be termed as legal...

She obviously tried and failed to use the quote to make a similar point about Israel.

Ken Livingstone trying to defend those words was always a battle he was going to lose.

Fair enough. I guess I interpreted it like that because the connection between what she said and what he said isn't clear...and when i watched that interview this morning he also couldn't/wouldn't explain what he meant by it.

7 hours ago, Yuri said:

Fair enough. I guess I interpreted it like that because the connection between what she said and what he said isn't clear...and when i watched that interview this morning he also couldn't/wouldn't explain what he meant by it.

7 hours ago, Yuri said:

7 hours ago, Yuri said:

What she said makes very good sense to me, she as using the MLK quote to highlight the fact that Israeli apartheid treatment of Palestinians is legal in Israel just like the discrimination against Jews by hitler was. 

South Africans who lived through the apartheid have gone to Israel and say that what they've witnessed is worse than hat they suffered, 

Jews have written "gas the Arabs" in parts of Hebron 

so she was making perfect sense. 

MY BLOODY GOD

SO MUCH COVERAGE ABOUT JEWS/ISRAEL

IT IS ACTUALLY ACTUALLY AMAZING

THAT INTERVIEW JUST ANGERED ME HOW THE 3 OF THEM WERE SHOWING SO MUCH PASSION ABOUT THIS TOPIC

YET I STRUGGLE TO SEE ANY PASSION IF IT WERE MUSLIMS/ASIANS/BLACKS/ALKEBULANIANS-AFRICANS

I JUST CANT

• Upvote 1

Even the Naz sha saga is overplayed. She was speaking about the forceful removal of Jews to America in comparing the very real factual situation that occurs on a daily since 1948 where the Palestinians have been forcefully removed from their homes assaying this should be done to the Jews in Israel. 

Making such a hoohaa about it just to silence the real questions. 

• Upvote 5