Camercunt: Nigeria and Afgan are fantastically corrupt

Supermalt

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/10/david-cameron-afghanistan-nigeria-possibly-most-corrupt-countries

Yes yes, quite fantastically corrupt while his family personally made hundreds of thou in offshore fuckery while saying were in this together, while the made up colonial Nigeria was all of a sudden corrupt since its forced inception..ye.

Demonic. All of them 

38 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

He is wrong, in his wording. "the two most corrupt countries in the world" suggests all the inhabitants are corrupt. had he said "the two countries with the biggest corruption problems in the world" i wouldn't have taken such offence

You're splitting hairs. He's obviously isn't talking about all of a country's inhabitants is he?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You're splitting hairs. He's obviously isn't talking about all of a country's inhabitants is he?

Exactly how is it obvious that he isn't from what i quoted above? Granted, you're assuming he isn't, but demonstrate to me how from that sentence it could be "obvious" he isn't?

15 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Exactly how is it obvious that he isn't from what i quoted above? Granted, you're assuming he isn't, but demonstrate to me how from that sentence it could be "obvious" he isn't?

It's just common sense. If someone calls Japan one of the world's most technologically advanced countries, you are not singularly referring to it's inhabitants are you? The UK is one of the wealthiest nations in the world - is everyone in the UK wealthy? No. Plus he's referring to the fact that Afghanistan and Nigeria regularly finish near the top of the world's most corrupt countries in lists compiled by NGOs such as Transparency International.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It's just common sense. If someone calls Japan one of the world's most technologically advanced countries, you are not singularly referring to it's inhabitants are you? The UK is one of the wealthiest nations in the world - is everyone in the UK wealthy? No. Plus he's referring to the fact that Afghanistan and Nigeria regularly finish near the top of the world's most corrupt countries in lists compiled by NGOs such as Transparency International.

Even if its not as granular as each citizen themselves being corrupt, the way it was worded was sweeping and offensive and reads as a generalisation. If it was a minority that received the comments in the way you're presenting them, there wouldn't be an uproar, i stand by what i said, its the wording that makes what he said offensive. 

12 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Even if its not as granular as each citizen themselves being corrupt, the way it was worded was sweeping and offensive and reads as a generalisation. If it was a minority that received the comments in the way you're presenting them, there wouldn't be an uproar, i stand by what i said, its the wording that makes what he said offensive. 

Stop being so easily offended - especially by the truth.

Funny that coming from the country that inventd the brown envelope 

57 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Have britain not played their part in the corruption that exists within the country?

Certainly, it should never have created Nigeria in the first place. But your question is besides the point.

Did Cameron tell a lie? Is Nigeria one of the most corrupt countries or not? 

7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Certainly, it should never have created Nigeria in the first place. But your question is besides the point.

Did Cameron tell a lie? Is Nigeria one of the most corrupt countries or not? 

Unfortunately yes, but its a slap in the face to chuckle at the irony of one of the most corrupt countries in the world attending an anti-corruption summit when your forebears played a huge hand in them being corrupt.

58 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

Unfortunately yes, but its a slap in the face to chuckle at the irony of one of the most corrupt countries in the world attending an anti-corruption summit when your forebears played a huge hand in them being corrupt.

Exactly, thus the point of this thread being created, Ulysses is reaching on this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

When Nigeria gained independence it was richer than South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia etc. What happened? I'm sorry it's not all the white man's fault. Do Nigerians lack agency? Or are they beholden to impersonal forces that they have little control of. Face the facts Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country, from the top to the bottom, everybody knows this why is this controversial? Nigeria's leaders have frittered away trillions of dollars since 1960. At the moment, despite Nigeria being one of these biggest producers of oil in the world, the country is suffering from severe petrol shortages. Who's fault is that? Listen to Fela Kuti mate. From the comfort of your home here in the UK you don't have to worry about digesting fake medication made out of chalk.

My forebears? I'm nigerian mate.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Funkyskanker said:

playing it right but asking way too late.Nigerians will never see a penny from reparations we already saw they gave the yardies a prison lool

Not seeking reparations though. He is asking for assets (all the so called corrupt money invested over here to be returned back)

Which is a fair point 

1 hour ago, Wavant said:

“What would I do with an apology? I need something tangible. I am not going to demand any apology from anyone. What I am demanding is a return of assets.”

Say it in uncors voice.

or just watch the video