Roots (2016)

Cole Des

guys lets not be stupid now

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS THESE FILMS ABOUT SLAVERY?

HAVE YOU NOT QUESTIONED THAT TO YOURSELF?

ITS LIKE THEY ARE CONSTANTLY CONSTANTLY CONSTANTLY TRYING TO INSTILL IN THE BLACK RACE THAT ALL WE WERE...... WERE SLAVES

COME ON LETS NOT BE OBLIVIOUS TO THIS....

WHERE ARE THE FILMS OF THE ANCIENT ALKEBULANIAN KINGS AND QUEENS/MOORS CONQUERING ETC...??

WHERE ARE THE FILMS ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST? I SWEAR TO GOD I DO NOT THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN A FILM ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST....... YET THAT IS WIDELY KNOWN TO BE MORE 'IMPORTANT' OR 'DETRIMENTAL' TO THIS WORLD... YET THERES NEVER BEEN A RECREATION OR WHATEVER....

THIS CONSTANT SPEWING OF SLAVERY FILMS IS PISSING ME OFF

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING...... TRUST ME

MIND CONTROL OF THE BLAX IN PLAIN SIGHT

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, RYDER. said:

There's at least 3 movies a year set during holocaust/nazi germany/WW2.

shit, you get at least 2/3 three part series a year on BBC/ITV alone. 

/

Watched the first part of this remake, was thoroughly surprised. It was very good

:/

• Upvote 1

Without Roots do you get a Hidden Colours though?

I can understand people 20+ saying they have seen enough about slavery but what about all the youth below 20 who haven't seen the original roots?

What about all the black kids still killing each other? Have they even been introduced to this type of historical material?

The telling of this story is about more than the chains, it starts with how we flourished before interference and explains why we were never allowed to read etc... and why these problems still plague our communities today.

You think Jewish man will ever stop their narrative of suffering?

We are doing the white man a favour by saying "that's enough now"

I started with Roots and now I'm on the verge of tracing my dna to find out where I'm really from in Africa, don't deny others that same path of progression is all I'm saying.

• Upvote 5

of course u would because u can't fool the ppl all of the time

fuck slave films, i don't want to see more for the same reason u rarely see jews getting tortured, killed, mistreated like blacks in films, their suffering was never as bad as black ppl's but look how they deal with you if u dare test that status quo, shit it's a crime to deny the holocaust

I want to see black ppl being triumphant on the big screen, tv, newspappers, mags,

i want to see egypt portrayed like it really was, dark skinned kings & queens running tings

just watched x-men apocalypse and the way Auschwitz served as the greatest power up (magneto) was nuts, and how he destroys it was inspiring but for us we get slave films where a majority of time we suffer! suffer! suffer!

until we tell our own stories on the global & massive scale, it will always be through & favour whites

don't even get me started on God's Of Egypt :clueless:

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Incumbent said:

of course u would because u can't fool the ppl all of the time

fuck slave films, i don't want to see more for the same reason u rarely see jews getting tortured, killed, mistreated like blacks in films, their suffering was never as bad as black ppl's but look how they deal with you if u dare test that status quo, shit it's a crime to deny the holocaust

I want to see black ppl being triumphant on the big screen, tv, newspappers, mags,

i want to see egypt portrayed like it really was, dark skinned kings & queens running tings

just watched x-men apocalypse and the way Auschwitz served as the greatest power up (magneto) was nuts, and how he destroys it was inspiring but for us we get slave films where a majority of time we suffer! suffer! suffer!

until we tell our own stories on the global & massive scale, it will always be through & favour whites

don't even get me started on God's Of Egypt :clueless:

OMG STILL HAVE TO WATCH THIS

LMAOO

HOW DARE THEY.................................

• Upvote 1

Ridley Scott casting Christian Bale as Moses, tbh we shoulda been protesting like the Palestinians when they shut down West.

I even saw blacks protesting for Palestine, same people who scared to share certain tings on their fb feed smh.

38 minutes ago, O Fenomeno said:

Toney you keep your Roots

I am waiting on Nat Turner's film(The Birth of a Nation)

We will see pro active rebels also an aspect of slavery which aren't taught in schools or shown in the media.

They mention Nat Turner in Roots.

Also how blacks fought for The Crown during the American war of Independence.

A good book/series regarding that is The book of Negroes.

All this stuff is interwoven and leads you down other avenues if your eyes are open.