Career change

PopT

7 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

I hear that 

madness is most of us feel the same way

sat in an office in front of a computer for the majority of your life isn't normal

Can't imagine what it must be like if you don't even like your job. I couldn't cope. 

One guy was telling me about a gas engineer job but it pays like £35k and quiet a lot more if your self employed, but I dunno about all that going back to study

Dream job from when I was young was oceanographer/marine biologist, chilling on the cooling breezes of the Southern Hemisphere, whilst getting accustomed to the local biodiversity. This would have to wait until way later if at all.

I'd love to do something else. I have no real idea what i'd like to do though.

All I know is that i don't like what i currently do

I just want to work with interesting people.... Working in IT means I spend most of my time career laughing and pretending with the dullest people on earth. Need to get out.....

22 minutes ago, AwKwaRD said:

Made my change this year, fully into internet marketing now. Told my employer I'm only doing 3 days and switching from an employee to a contractor.

Can afford to fully leave but it's easy money and I like the guy tbh

Life's short, value your time 

What was you doing before

2 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

What was you doing before

Marketing manager, the company itself doesn't interest me. Just got to the point where I was making more in a week then I was in a month and wondering why I'm waking up at 7am spending 8 hours at said place. 

But the owner is cool, it's easy work so 3 days is perfect

3 minutes ago, AwKwaRD said:

Marketing manager, the company itself doesn't interest me. Just got to the point where I was making more in a week then I was in a month and wondering why I'm waking up at 7am spending 8 hours at said place. 

But the owner is cool, it's easy work so 3 days is perfect

✊godspeed. I'm on the look out for another marketing joint, and definitely not jumping at the first one who throws cash at me. Is the internet marketing you mentioned consulting or your own shop?

10 minutes ago, Supermalt said:

✊godspeed. I'm on the look out for another marketing joint, and definitely not jumping at the first one who throws cash at me. Is the internet marketing you mentioned consulting or your own shop?

Own stores, I have two, one targetting the UK the other for the US

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kompressor said:

Will Probably go into teaching at some point within the next 10 years.

I've been looking to get into primary teaching for the past few months. Its a minefield. So many different ways to do it. With a degree, without a degree, on the job, classroom studies, teachfirst etc etc.

Going to a uni open day on Saturday to discuss the options more. I have a mortgage so need a full time wage coming in so can't give up for full time studying.

Think I'll only do it when/if they change the way things are done no

Hours are too long and the pay is too "short"

Working in an EBD school is the way to go forward before then, smaller class numbers so less marking and more of a focus on improving specific areas of child development. #

Worked in a school like this last year and reckon it may well be the best fit for me.

Was offered a job at a private school a while ago to teach I.T. I was just doing the I.T support at the time but they were ready to pay for training and wait for me.

Was overwhelmed by the offer tbh. They put in hours , and it looked tiring , never thought about it.

You get a long holiday during the school days off but anything else is a no , unless you're ill of course. 

And you have to look at the contracts , some places will pay you while on school holiday , some don't so you end up trying to work during the holidays to make up for it. Think that is a bit rare nowadays though.

On 12 June 2016 at 10:46 PM, PopT said:

One guy was telling me about a gas engineer job but it pays like £35k and quiet a lot more if your self employed, but I dunno about all that going back to study

I should be a qualified gas engineer in 2 years. working towards it. already a qualified plumber...

guy who's training me seems to get good money, he made 260 today, so left at 2:30. 

day rates 130 (so thats the lowest they can earn) so not bad... worked it out to be 31,200 PA...