Rio Olympics 2016 - General Discussion

User

2 hours ago, Gambino said:

Technology you know lol Fraff.

£350m spent since 2012

BBC just did a feature praising how advanced the aerodynamics on the equipments are that team GB use for cycling

The better the sport does in the olympics the more lottery money it gets, thats why team GB keeps improving in cycling, rowing, sailing etc... But seem to completely fall away in other sports not even sending atheletes to compete....

but i guess its better the money goes to these guys who get to go to olympics etc... Win medals and make guys like you proud to be British instead of immigrants ey?

/

Murray struggling v del potro after taking the first set... Hope he does it 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Murray is longing this out

Sick rally

Hate this crying shit murray does

9 hours ago, Iceberg said:

£350m spent since 2012

BBC just did a feature praising how advanced the aerodynamics on the equipments are that team GB use for cycling

The better the sport does in the olympics the more lottery money it gets, thats why team GB keeps improving in cycling, rowing, sailing etc... But seem to completely fall away in other sports not even sending atheletes to compete....

but i guess its better the money goes to these guys who get to go to olympics etc... Win medals and make guys like you proud to be British instead of immigrants ey?

/

Murray struggling v del potro after taking the first set... Hope he does it 

To say our Athletes are not that good and it's down to advanced technology is pathetic. And we're no good in other sports? So what advances were Jess Ennis, Rutherford etc using when they won Gold? What technology advancement did Max Whitlock have to give him an unfair advantage last night? When Tom Daley and co are diving off boards into pools what technology they rocking?

Some miserable guys trying to rain on GB's parade because you can't bring it upon yourself to love the country you eat from. And your damn right, British money being spent on British people rather than the sex pests sneaking in from your loverland.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Guys actually a dumb fuck tbh... Didnt even say the athletes are not better...

But its a known fact the more you invest the better you do... 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Seydou said:

No mention of Mo Farah, no?

This to me? Purposely didn't bother mentioning him knowing the kinda comments that would come from that on here "But Mo ain't born in Britain so how can you claim him reh reh reh" You gotta understand whether it makes sense to guys themselves or not they will says hit just to counter argue with me.

• Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Guys actually a dumb fuck tbh... Didnt even say the athletes are not better...

But its a known fact the more you invest the better you do... 

You talk smack lad.. Someone posted on here saying that people were saying our Athletes are not that good and we're only doing what we do because of technological advantage... I said it was fraff, you replied giving me some post about how technology is our advantage and that's why we excel in rowing etc and not other sports. Now I've corrected you and you are backtracking. Prick.

Course investments gonna help. People ain't gonna be able to do the sport seriously if they ain't getting funding for it are they. But for someone to say our Athletes ain't that good and we're only winning because of technology, absolute bollocks.

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Iceberg said:

£350m spent since 2012

I don't see anything wrong with what Iceberg said, apart from the highlighted bit. He's just pointing out that investment = success.

Re the highlighted bit, what sports do you mean?

4 minutes ago, Niall Ferguson said:

I don't see anything wrong with what Iceberg said, apart from the highlighted bit. He's just pointing out that investment = success.

Re the highlighted bit, what sports do you mean?

Whilst we recognise and support over a hundred sports in a variety of ways, there are 46 core governing bodies that we fund. In 2012 these NGBs submitted whole sport plans to us which detailed how they would use our investment to help them increase the number of people playing their sport once a week and to nurture talent. 

Having assessed all of the plans, we announced in December 2012 that between 2013 and 2017 we will invest over £400 million into the 46 NGBs to allow them to deliver these plans.

Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis to those NGBs putting forward the strongest plans and which have a good track record of delivery

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/our-work/investing-in-sport/current-funding-figures

Oh you just meant Olympic wise....cool

Charlotte Dujardin wins Gold in dressage singles.

_90798713_graphic_olympics.jpg

£10m per medal

lol

this brazilVssweden footy game is alright still.

Going to pens from the look it .

Need the highlights of the 200m heat

These penalties are terrible.  The keepers should not be able to react to the kick.

Sweden as guessed the right direction on all penalties.

Swear both keepers are taking a step forward and all

Unlucky,

All their pens were shit tbh

Irish are cracking me up at Rio. After that boxer swearing in his interview the 2 Irish Rowers who won silver gave it a Tiocfaidh ár lá at the end of theirs.

4 hours ago, Gambino said:

lol

2 suspect russian decisions in 2 days lol

/

boxing on tonight at 11