no black middle class neighborhood in uk

Supermalt

might have been mentioned already (sorry can't be bothered to read or listen to Akala) but...

what's a shame is that when black working-class originating people got good jobs/did well they moved to dead white middle-class areas like Palmers Green or Winchmore Hill, and then you had areas full of culture that were predominantly black working class like Hackney or Brixton being taken over by white middle class

I guess your kids would be more at risk of falling in with the wrong crowd in such areas but it would be great if such communities could grow together instead of heads feeling they need to split once they make a bit of money

57 minutes ago, local said:

u realise the irony of u saying this in a topic about the lack of black majority areas ye?

Lack of middle class areas not black areas in general

A lot of the white people in Cheshunt moved from london cause they didn't feel comfy in certain areas of north london any more

On 9/15/2016 at 0:30 AM, Afgoon said:

asian middle class >>>

you guys won't even know about that

nor will you. youre from afghanistan. what we would call asian middle class wrongly refers to Indians and pakistanis. There is a strong indian middle class, and pakistani one, perhaps sri lankan as well im not sure. 

back to you..there are no afghan middle class neighbourhoods and there will be far more black middle class individuals and families than afghanis. Hairy c*nt

• Upvote 9

Akala is right. 

There is no black middle class neighbourhoods in the UK and i don't think we could replicate a neighbourhood like a Baldwin Hills for example. The social structure of middle classism tends to begin from 2 generations at the very least. For example if your of caribbean origin (like myself) the typical story is grandparents moved here in the mid 50's early 60's and worked obscure jobs to provide for their family in addition to lacking the educational acumen to really exceed and progress. So from that moment you can see the lag educationally and financially. Consequently their offsprings are the ones that would be tasked to have built that platform. However the Irish & Asians had similar adversities, this is why I believe it's a mentality issue. 

Anyway..

I think the main reason why there are no black neighbourhoods is because blacks don't love each the way asians or whites do, only when we're faced with adversity we stick together. The mentality is if we make enough money we can move out of the ends and make a few visits a year. Instead of trying to build a community of wealth, we drift away into affluent white neighbourhoods. In America when blacks get rich they live amongst other rich black folk.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

^^ i dunno about that, many Nigerians and west Africans are gonna be 2nd generation professionals and already have clusters outside London. Only gonna get bigger and bigger since so many going top unis doing good subjects and many starting businesses.

Also things are more based on nationality than race in the UK, there is no such thing as a black community.

56 minutes ago, Platinum50 said:

^^ i dunno about that, many Nigerians and west Africans are gonna be 2nd generation professionals and already have clusters outside London. Only gonna get bigger and bigger since so many going top unis doing good subjects and many starting businesses.

Also things are more based on nationality than race in the UK, there is no such thing as a black community.

The africans are doing the thing i was gonna say that but i took it out. I'm mainly discussing caribbeans

If you go to Oxbridge probably the majority of the black faces are Africans. Lol

/

Hipster is pulling out that old cliche of Africans all being on this education thing lol  and then that random bull shit about blacks don't love each other.

I only recently realised how dumb it is when people talk about 'blacks' lol as if blacks are some monolithic entity. 

• Upvote 2

This generation of Affs are at a crossroads atm. Especially in London.

True a lot are doing good.

But as the African population has increased and more people having their kids here, there has been a surge in dusty, low aspiration, underclass, criminal Affs from failed states with illiterate parents. 

• Upvote 5

I thought there was loads of middle class Asians in illford

3 hours ago, Lieutenant said:

Not in ilford. Must be somewhere else.

Nice houses doesn't = middle class area

http://www.postcodearea.co.uk/postaltowns/ilford/ig75lz/demographics/

Puts ilford at 50%+ middle class. I always thought it was as well tbh (for Asians)