no black middle class neighborhood in uk

Supermalt

on the grand scheme of things, have you seen ilford thou?

have you guys taken the time to work/live/bor tru ilford and just smell/look around?

these asians in ilford - there are MILLIONAIRE asians living in ilford in a casj... ilford has MASSIVE houses...

if you guys know of 'THE DRIVE' you will know.....

the area may still need rejuvenating, but id def say on a whole its a middle class area because of le asians

every single asian don sporting big boy whips.... whether purchased outright or financed

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2016 at 10:44 PM, Hipster said:

Akala is right. 

There is no black middle class neighbourhoods in the UK and i don't think we could replicate a neighbourhood like a Baldwin Hills for example. The social structure of middle classism tends to begin from 2 generations at the very least. For example if your of caribbean origin (like myself) the typical story is grandparents moved here in the mid 50's early 60's and worked obscure jobs to provide for their family in addition to lacking the educational acumen to really exceed and progress. So from that moment you can see the lag educationally and financially. Consequently their offsprings are the ones that would be tasked to have built that platform. However the Irish & Asians had similar adversities, this is why I believe it's a mentality issue. 

Anyway..

I think the main reason why there are no black neighbourhoods is because blacks don't love each the way asians or whites do, only when we're faced with adversity we stick together. The mentality is if we make enough money we can move out of the ends and make a few visits a year. Instead of trying to build a community of wealth, we drift away into affluent white neighbourhoods. In America when blacks get rich they live amongst other rich black folk.

African Americans again are in a completely different situation to us. They dont choose to live next to each other  in that way. They do it out of necessity. Years of lawfully enforced segregation an racism has made these communities what they are. They have affluent areas which probably have a history in segregation. African Americans made a lot of money doing business with each other only prior to desegregation. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, curtis warren2 said:

gotta factor in a lot of black people that make real money in UK  will just got back to their country of origin and build houses from the ground up, its not like we been here 100s of years

Strong post.

again this does nothing for their kids most of whom have no plans to live back there, so again its backward thinking. 

i know 2 people like this. their parents have or building houses back in ghana and congo yet their kids dont have a house here. makes no sense to me

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

again this does nothing for their kids most of whom have no plans to live back there, so again its backward thinking. 

i know 2 people like this. their parents have or building houses back in ghana and congo yet their kids dont have a house here. makes no sense to me

im split on this

2 hours ago, VENOM said:

The parents are not really obliged to help. But I hear you. 

a lot of people support families in their old countries too

I probably would have grown up way more middle class if my dad wasn't supporting all my cousins

he's definitely regretting buying in Edmonton though, I keep telling him to sell the house and get him and my mum a flat in Stoke Newington or some other part of Hackney but I think at this point that ship may have sailed

5 hours ago, underwriter said:

imagine bringing kids in this world and then saying the parents have no need/use to help them

le & de fuq????!!?

That's not the point I was trying to make.

Parents looking to relocate back home for their retirement is not a backward way of thinking regardless of the kids having no plan on living there. 

There are positive and negatives, which ever way you look at it.  The home regardless of where it is, would still be an asset left to the kids.

Anyway, as far as London goes, the gap between middle class and working class is so blurred. It's more of a perception than an actual thing. Property prices and cost of living all factored.

The new middle class seems to be anyone who has some how mamaged got their leg on the property ladder. Regardless of area.

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2016 at 7:34 AM, Afroman said:

That's not the point I was trying to make.

Parents looking to relocate back home for their retirement is not a backward way of thinking regardless of the kids having no plan on living there. 

There are positive and negatives, which ever way you look at it.  The home regardless of where it is, would still be an asset left to the kids.

Anyway, as far as London goes, the gap between middle class and working class is so blurred. It's more of a perception than an actual thing. Property prices and cost of living all factored.

The new middle class seems to be anyone who has some how mamaged got their leg on the property ladder. Regardless of area.

in my opinion it is backward because the so called assest in congo that costs £400 in UK prices is useless to their kids who need a minimum of £10000 for a deposit. 

To say that the parents are not obliged to help is perhaps how you have been trained like many afro Caribbeans..hence the massive gap in generational asset wealth between blacks and other cultures and theres plenty of evidence to back it up which does not include just racism. 

whether working or middle class as far as london is concerned.. young people are now heavily reliant on parental support to assist with housing. not sure what use a house in Kinshaha is in this case. 

this whole move back to Africa is some dead thinking that should have been left in the 90s reality is unless your family has dumb amount of p your parents are staying in the uk. Africa is different you actually need proper p or connections to survive cant be talking about moving back when your family is working class in london will end up on the slums of africa.

Truth is black people missed the opportunity said it on first page people need to stop waffling and acknowledge it should have jumped on the housing marker while it was still possible. just look at the Asians them man cleaned up patel's yutes are settled for life these times ayoade is asking his yutes for money to send money back home. 

i would pick a shithole owned house in london over a mansion in africa every time

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Funkyskanker said:

this whole move back to Africa is some dead thinking that should have been left in the 90s reality is unless your family has dumb amount of p your parents are staying in the uk. Africa is different you actually need proper p or connections to survive cant be talking about moving back when your family is working class in london will end up on the slums of africa.

Truth is black people missed the opportunity said it on first page people need to stop waffling and acknowledge it should have jumped on the housing marker while it was still possible. just look at the Asians them man cleaned up patel's yutes are settled for life these times ayoade is asking his yutes for money to send money back home. 

i would pick a shithole owned house in london over a mansion in africa every time

Some ignorant mind set.

It's not for everyone. But lol @ living on some dusty council flat for the rest of your life.

If you ain't looking to get on the property ladder over here, don't call those opting to move back home a dumb logic.

I know many af parents don't like the idea of living in a care home in their old age and often believe they will get better care back home at an affordable price. 

The reality is the moving back to africa is now more of an attractive option than before, Simply because the parents can't even afford to live in the capital with their pension or savings if they planned on staying. 

So yes the patel's might not have to remit money back home , but mummy and daddy are living with their grown ass  40 year old kids.

But hey each total their own. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Some ignorant mind set.

It's not for everyone. But lol @ living on some dusty council flat for the rest of your life.

If you ain't looking to get on the property ladder over here, don't call those opting to move back home a dumb logic.

I know many af parents don't like the idea of living in a care home in their old age and often believe they will get better care back home at an affordable price. 

The reality is the moving back to africa is now more of an attractive option than before, Simply because the parents can't even afford to live in the capital with their pension or savings if they planned on staying. 

So yes the patel's might not have to remit money back home , but mummy and daddy are living with their grown ass  40 year old kids.

But hey each total their own. 

About ignorant working class niggers won't survive in Africa where are they going to get money to sustain once they touch down? This is the reality like it or not

ask the average young black person if they want to move back and they will tell you which is why a house in Africa has little value to the average person in the uk

If it was easy to move back most people would have moved back time ago

• Upvote 2

To be fair, alot of Nigerians and some Ghanaian who graduated are moving back to work their for a while, I even see a website one time set up for London born Nigerians who want to get jobs in the oil $ector back in Nigeria.

I know couple man on road building yards in Ghana because land price is rising proportionately as fast as it is in the west because of how fast it is developing.

As long as you got money & some business sense and aint too in love with white women/western living, you can do it. If you dont want to get money you will just be a victim of economic forces in whatever country you want to live in.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, dub said:

Nigeria is aa place you can make business but do people (in this generation) really have ambitions for that to be their new home?

Its not gonna be a widespread thing because the avg person isn't interested in business in the first place. Most people just happy with just a comfy job.

• Upvote 2