The Power of Social Media

Mame Biram Diouf

Yesterday morning, Kayleigh made an appeal on Facebook to try and help her grandfather's wish come true and 24 hours later, it did just that.

The power of social media was present yet again, this time helping a life-long Manchester United fan to meet some of his heroes after the post was shared thousands of times online.

Ashley Young, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford and Timothy Fosu-Mensah turned up to surprise the man after Manchester United's 2-1 defeat to Manchester City last weekend.

The original appeal read as follows:

Please can anybody help?? I'm trying to get a few of Manchester United players to come and visit my grandad.

We asked him the other day if he would like to do anything before his time comes and he said to meet the team. I've emailed the MUFC foundation but no reply yet! And not sure how long we have left with him so I want to get this as a surprise he's a MASSIVE fan, even tried his hardest to keep his eyes open yesterday to watch the match but sadly he missed it!

I know he will be so gutted that he didn't watch it. I'm sure he will be a very happy man if I can get his last wish!

Thank you to u all, Kayleigh Xxx

Died not long after they left

RIP 

• Upvote 2