Kanye West Vs Just Blaze (During the Roc-a-fella Reign)

Afroman

Who had the best body of work. Production wise. Both of them broke samples alot during that era. 

Always favored Just blaze for his drum selections, banged harder and he was alot more creative with cooking samples. I cant knock kanye though he delivered some classics during that time.

I think Kanye had the better ear when it came to sample hunting. As far as the blue print goes. I think Kanye wins there though 

Just Blaze 

2001[edit]

Beanie Sigel - The Reason[edit]

• 02. "Beanie (Mack B**ch)"
  • 03. "So What You Saying " (featuring Memphis Bleek)
  • 04. "Get Down"
  • 12. "Mom Praying" (featuring Scarface)
  • 13. "Still Got Love For You" (featuring Jay-Z & Rell)
  • 14. "What Your Life Like 2"

Jadakiss - Kiss tha Game Goodbye[edit]

Jay-Z - The Blueprint[edit]

• 04. "Girls, Girls, Girls"
  • 06. "U Don't Know"
  • 10. "Song Cry"
  • 14. "Breathe Easy (Lyrical Exercise)" (Bonus Track)

2002[edit]

State Property - State Property Soundtrack[edit]

Cam'ron - Come Home with Me[edit]

Nelly - Nellyville[edit]

• 13. "Roc the Mic (Remix)" (Beanie Sigel with Freeway featuring Nelly & Murphy Lee)

Just blaze 

They dont make producers like this any longer 

1 hour ago, Lens said:

the time period You chose very conveniently favours Kanye West. 

I'd still pick Kanye West but You've missed so many Just Blaze bangers because of the time period. 

I think their best work came from that Era. Well, Just blaze anyway. But feel free to look at tit from a "who had the best bangers point of view"

Listened to a podcast recently with sickamore and he was talking bout how he encouraged Just Blaze to start a label early (for which he signed Saigon to) and eventually make the move into artist territory, hence all that edm mess

he was telling just blaze how Kanye was gonna become the biggest artist and you're gonna get left behind if you don't think on your feet

also listened to another one with hip hop and he was talkin bout how he had to make Kanye do the production thing early cos he just wanted to be a rapper that was it, but hip hop got him into situations like the Alicia keys you don't know my name record purely to build his brand and get him quick recognition but also longevity in the game

all fascinationg stuff ay

For the reason above, Timbaland>>>>>

Bringing out new artists under his label and bringing out bangers

Surprised Bozeman isn't bigger than she is, but their work is good, and he probably has the whole empire cast signed for when they get killed off or the show ends

• Downvote 1

Diplomats - I really mean it

Freeway - what we do

Fabolous - Can't let You go

Jay Z - December 4th

Fabolous - Breathe

Kanye - Touch the sky

Jay Z - Ignorant Shit

For me the main missing Just blaze tracks

I'm ignoring Thizz as he must either be trolling or started listening to hip hop in 2000

1 hour ago, Greens said:

As much as I love Timbaland he relied heavily on ghost producers.

Alot of producers do though. They have session instrumentalists on the side at least. Dre used Mike elizondo (bass) and storch (keys) on a number of occasions

Timbaland is in a league of his own. I can't compare him to these two. He's had a longer run than them both and he revolutionised hiphop over the course of his run. From sounds selection to artist development. 

I still prefer jus blaze over kanye but his production  never really moved with the time.

During that Roc a Fella era i would say its a tie between Kanye and Blaze , both made some incredibly soulful beats , Classics.  

Never change  ,Guess whos back , Can't be life , ( Kanye) , Song Cry , Girls Girls Girls  , PSA , Breathe ( Blaze)

As for Timb , he is part of a class that birthed these 2. Its unfair on West and Blaze to compare to Timb.

• 2 weeks later...