Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
connorwickham

Zinedine Zidane taking the piss out of management

Recommended Posts

Now I know ZZ managed real Castilla before accepting this role but he should NOT be in arguably the biggest job in club football with his credentials or should he?

 

A champions league in his first season won a stand off with C. Ron (achievement in its own right!) And leading the way in la liga. My question is - are coaching badges and experience overrated in football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Zidane does well it makes a mockery of all the Madrid managers of the last decade who have struggled to deal with the Barca dominance. I'm just wondering if we'll see other clubs follow suit in fast tracking club legends as managers I.e. Thierry at Arsenal, Giggs at United etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zidane was lucky. Real had such an easy path to the final, no real test until Atleti

He has to win the double or at least the league this year and then I'll rate him as a top manager

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top man 

Top manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky? Pmsl

He has lost only twice in 11 months 

unbeaten away from home in La Liga 

Won CL in five months of management some managers had three years in the job didn't even see a final.

 

unbeaten in two visits to Camp Nou but some managers got smashed 5-0 on their visit.

 

Respect Zizou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, O Fenomeno said:

Lucky? Pmsl

He has lost only twice in 11 months 

unbeaten away from home in La Liga 

Won CL in five months of management some managers had three years in the job didn't even see a final.

 

unbeaten in two visits to Camp Nou but some managers got smashed 5-0 on their visit.

 

Respect Zizou

Trust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has a team ever won CL B2B? - I really can not see a single team stopping them... Final minimum. 

Bayern squad filled with old dons past their prime apart from Robben... and the young guns(who should be starting) sanches,thiago etc are 2nd fiddle

Barcelona ain't shit without iniesta

City ain't got it in them 

Atleti the only contender...wow :rofl:

no competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 10:02 PM, RYDER. said:

has a team ever won CL B2B? - I really can not see a single team stopping them... Final minimum. 

Bayern squad filled with old dons past their prime apart from Robben... and the young guns(who should be starting) sanches,thiago etc are 2nd fiddle

Barcelona ain't shit without iniesta

City ain't got it in them 

Atleti the only contender...wow :rofl:

no competition. 

Knock out comps don't really work like this though! A silly away goal conceded can make any ship crash. Doubt any team will do back to back in this era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, connorwickham said:

Knock out comps don't really work like this though! A silly away goal conceded can make any ship crash. Doubt any team will do back to back in this era.

atm it's just Messi and CR7 running train on Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

Zidane would be successful at City ?

 

Zidane isn't stubborn and doesn't complicate things(trying different formations and playing players out of position).

I have been screaming Zidane since 2010 to manage Real(I knew he would do well but not this soon)

Zidane would be successful@Man City

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, O Fenomeno said:

Zidane isn't stubborn and doesn't complicate things(trying different formations and playing players out of position).

I have been screaming Zidane since 2010 to manage Real(I knew he would do well but not this soon)

Zidane would be successful@Man City

 

I agree to an extent. 

Tinkerman v2 is complicating things for himself.

However, you give Ziz this City team and they would crumble. Yet to see him build a team. 

Give him a side that just recently won a CL

He'll be alright , no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, i5_PRODUCER said:

I agree to an extent. 

Tinkerman v2 is complicating things for himself.

However, you give Ziz this City team and they would crumble. Yet to see him build a team. 

Give him a side that just recently won a CL

He'll be alright , no doubt.

I don't think he will crumble at all because due to his man management skills and playing players in their right positions 

 

You think Zidane would play out and out wingers as wing backs or play Dms and LBs(who can't defend) as a CB in a back three?

 

So which manager do you think would do well with this current City squad? Please don't say Antonio "One game week" Conte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×