Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mame Biram Diouf

Top 5 UK Rappers - 2016

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Flat Eric said:

any of these man have any interesting subject matter

or are they all talking the same thing

Go an listen to neo soul and dem ting dere 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2017 at 3:07 PM, Wavant said:

 

Basically. 

LOL @ Blade Brown reclaiming any spot

He is not consistent enough. The UK rap game is on a different type of wave. Very competitive.

The real question is how long these lot can keep pumping out music without a return of investment, that really dictates who's on top or who's next.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Afroman said:

LOL @ Blade Brown reclaiming any spot

He is not consistent enough. The UK rap game is on a different type of wave. Very competitive.

The real question is how long these lot can keep pumping out music without a return of investment, that really dictates who's on top or who's next.

 

this is whats wrong with you new plates you only started listening to road rap after drake consigned it you dont know anything about the road rap 

about blade not reclaiming any spot the snippets from bxb have been solid so far blade brown is one of the best road rappers. he is giving you an insight to the life of the south london roads which is why road rap was created for so that a listener can hear a story from people on the roads in london, not these new yutes gassing about 4 door trucks and slapping off 44 who are carbon copies of americans

 

All of blades tape have been good if you are listening from a Londoners perspective if you want to hear some watered down american rap then blade brown is not for you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Funkyskanker said:

this is whats wrong with you new plates you only started listening to road rap after drake consigned it you dont know anything about the road rap 

about blade not reclaiming any spot the snippets from bxb have been solid so far blade brown is one of the best road rappers. he is giving you an insight to the life of the south london roads which is why road rap was created for so that a listener can hear a story from people on the roads in london, not these new yutes gassing about 4 door trucks and slapping off 44 who are carbon copies of americans

 

All of blades tape have been good if you are listening from a Londoners perspective if you want to hear some watered down american rap then blade brown is not for you 

LOL you just throw all kind of assumptions every time. Bout when drake co-signed road rap. When was that ever a turning point for uk road rap and its buzz?

Road rap existed before Blade brown. This new demographic driving the 67 & co's movement and hype, cant be overlooked, They are a large majority. These lot a very fickle and have no regards for any OG who just thinks he command acclaim, based on history.

Blade brown is sick, but this notion of him taking the spot with the way the climate is aint gonna be a walk in the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally don't think Blade needs to have a consistent music output. When he drops everybody stops and pays attention, this is evident when I see the YGs finding an excuse to hit road and bump that Blade on the high road lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2017 at 11:58 PM, Afroman said:

LOL you just throw all kind of assumptions every time. Bout when drake co-signed road rap. When was that ever a turning point for uk road rap and its buzz?

Road rap existed before Blade brown. This new demographic driving the 67 & co's movement and hype, cant be overlooked, They are a large majority. These lot a very fickle and have no regards for any OG who just thinks he command acclaim, based on history.

Blade brown is sick, but this notion of him taking the spot with the way the climate is aint gonna be a walk in the park.

i beg you dont chat shit drake co-signing uk rap was def a turning point most people are sheep and follow fashion i remember back in the day you couldn't play ukrap around certain man without them moaning they werent having it.  and so what if road rap existed before blade dosent take away from anything i've just said. 

bags and boxes 1 is our version of trap or die when that shit dropped it changed the game the time he dropped that no one was really rapping about trapping like that in the uk or even about money. im pretty sure when bxb drops hes gonna do the same cause he been working on that for a long time and it's going to be quality 

"niggas making videos with money in it, last video i literally had money in it"

certain man are gonna be pissed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28 December 2016 at 1:59 PM, Afroman said:

In no order 

Tribez ( delivery, vocal presence, Braggado' bars)

Mist - proved dons from up north can have mass appeal  in this uk rap ting.  Amazing chemistry between him and steelbanglez

Mostack - Tape was a little disappointing though.

Wretch - Ticks all boxes commercial and Underground ..

Avelino - I think lyrically and punchline wise  he is up there. 

 

Honourable mentions on the come up.  Renz , yungbxne , skrapz and Baseman 

 

 

 

No £ sterling?

 

faa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28 December 2016 at 7:58 PM, MGEEZ said:

Ones to watch are the eastside young g's

 

Bane and kojo 

Yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JOHN DOE said:

No £ sterling?

 

faa

£ was the hardest out in his prime. 

He left the game years ago. Gone legit. Owns a boxing gym and his prime focus is on that .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Funkyskanker said:

i beg you dont chat shit drake co-signing uk rap was def a turning point most people are sheep and follow fashion i remember back in the day you couldn't play ukrap around certain man without them moaning they werent having it.  and so what if road rap existed before blade dosent take away from anything i've just said. 

bags and boxes 1 is our version of trap or die when that shit dropped it changed the game the time he dropped that no one was really rapping about trapping like that in the uk or even about money. im pretty sure when bxb drops hes gonna do the same cause he been working on that for a long time and it's going to be quality 

"niggas making videos with money in it, last video i literally had money in it"

certain man are gonna be 

 

This whole drake co-signing uk rap is a flash in the pan. Those listeners gained during the short stint ain't the driving force behind the movement currently.

The reason no one was checking UK rap back then was down to couple of reasons.

Producers we have now are way better than they ever were before. They have now mastered the art of building beats around Artists. Something they never did in the past.

UK rap hasn't found its identity, however  the trap sound has been the best suited adopted movement for UK rap for as long as I can remember.

I am not knocking blade brown, but it's fair to say that he is considered old school in comparison to the new crop of artists out. He is going to have to put in the work to reclaim that spot. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

G's dem going on radar radio tonight at 7ish. 

 

 

Will be on grm daily Aswell. 

 

Return of the real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just clocked Fredo sounds just like scorcher on this 

 

 

his come up from sideman in ratlins vids to hosting his own crib session featuring ratlin>>>

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 My favs this year

Giggs

Geko

Mo stack

J hus

Nines

Teflon

Swift

 

And chip just for his verses aint really checked hisprojects tho

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that hood 16 westwood had pure bangers on there swear its not even up no more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×