Top 5 UK Rappers

Mame Biram Diouf

On 02/01/2017 at 3:07 PM, Wavant said:

Basically. 

LOL @ Blade Brown reclaiming any spot

He is not consistent enough. The UK rap game is on a different type of wave. Very competitive.

The real question is how long these lot can keep pumping out music without a return of investment, that really dictates who's on top or who's next.

1 hour ago, Funkyskanker said:

this is whats wrong with you new plates you only started listening to road rap after drake consigned it you dont know anything about the road rap 

about blade not reclaiming any spot the snippets from bxb have been solid so far blade brown is one of the best road rappers. he is giving you an insight to the life of the south london roads which is why road rap was created for so that a listener can hear a story from people on the roads in london, not these new yutes gassing about 4 door trucks and slapping off 44 who are carbon copies of americans

All of blades tape have been good if you are listening from a Londoners perspective if you want to hear some watered down american rap then blade brown is not for you 

LOL you just throw all kind of assumptions every time. Bout when drake co-signed road rap. When was that ever a turning point for uk road rap and its buzz?

Road rap existed before Blade brown. This new demographic driving the 67 & co's movement and hype, cant be overlooked, They are a large majority. These lot a very fickle and have no regards for any OG who just thinks he command acclaim, based on history.

Blade brown is sick, but this notion of him taking the spot with the way the climate is aint gonna be a walk in the park.

On 03/01/2017 at 11:58 PM, Afroman said:

LOL you just throw all kind of assumptions every time. Bout when drake co-signed road rap. When was that ever a turning point for uk road rap and its buzz?

Road rap existed before Blade brown. This new demographic driving the 67 & co's movement and hype, cant be overlooked, They are a large majority. These lot a very fickle and have no regards for any OG who just thinks he command acclaim, based on history.

Blade brown is sick, but this notion of him taking the spot with the way the climate is aint gonna be a walk in the park.

i beg you dont chat shit drake co-signing uk rap was def a turning point most people are sheep and follow fashion i remember back in the day you couldn't play ukrap around certain man without them moaning they werent having it.  and so what if road rap existed before blade dosent take away from anything i've just said. 

bags and boxes 1 is our version of trap or die when that shit dropped it changed the game the time he dropped that no one was really rapping about trapping like that in the uk or even about money. im pretty sure when bxb drops hes gonna do the same cause he been working on that for a long time and it's going to be quality 

"niggas making videos with money in it, last video i literally had money in it"

certain man are gonna be pissed

On 28 December 2016 at 1:59 PM, Afroman said:

In no order 

Tribez ( delivery, vocal presence, Braggado' bars)

Mist - proved dons from up north can have mass appeal  in this uk rap ting.  Amazing chemistry between him and steelbanglez

Mostack - Tape was a little disappointing though.

Wretch - Ticks all boxes commercial and Underground ..

Avelino - I think lyrically and punchline wise  he is up there. 

Honourable mentions on the come up.  Renz , yungbxne , skrapz and Baseman 

No £ sterling?

faa

6 hours ago, Funkyskanker said:

i beg you dont chat shit drake co-signing uk rap was def a turning point most people are sheep and follow fashion i remember back in the day you couldn't play ukrap around certain man without them moaning they werent having it.  and so what if road rap existed before blade dosent take away from anything i've just said. 

bags and boxes 1 is our version of trap or die when that shit dropped it changed the game the time he dropped that no one was really rapping about trapping like that in the uk or even about money. im pretty sure when bxb drops hes gonna do the same cause he been working on that for a long time and it's going to be quality 

"niggas making videos with money in it, last video i literally had money in it"

certain man are gonna be 

This whole drake co-signing uk rap is a flash in the pan. Those listeners gained during the short stint ain't the driving force behind the movement currently.

The reason no one was checking UK rap back then was down to couple of reasons.

Producers we have now are way better than they ever were before. They have now mastered the art of building beats around Artists. Something they never did in the past.

UK rap hasn't found its identity, however  the trap sound has been the best suited adopted movement for UK rap for as long as I can remember.

I am not knocking blade brown, but it's fair to say that he is considered old school in comparison to the new crop of artists out. He is going to have to put in the work to reclaim that spot.