The Picture Thread (NO Chicks or NSFW) pt2

yhfam

20 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

white people have been rocking dreads for as long as I can remember, and some black people have always felt some type of way about it. And that was long before the word cultural appropriation, woke, or social media was even a thing.

It's not a new thing.

But isn't it because of cultural appropriation that some black people have an issue with it?

All under the woke umbrella. Nah? 

So Ag's point stands

18 minutes ago, Afroman said:

But isn't it because of cultural appropriation that some black people have an issue with it?

All under the woke umbrella. Nah? 

So Ag's point stands

His point was that this a part of the recent woke generation.

This isn't a recent thing, as I said, some black people have had issues with other races rocking dreads for as long as I can remember.

All of a sudden if you have the same views that existed like 50+ years ago you're 'woke'?.  

• Like 2

Doing this stuff for social media is 100% a recent thing.

Protesting perceived racism obviously isnt.

The way this guy went about it makes it bait he falls under the bracket of 'dumb woke guy'. He didnt even stop to think about the irony of his own tattoos

4 hours ago, ag. said:

There was a lot of noise on socialmedia yday about grime being black/multicultural music. That old chestnut lol

Lot of socialmedia 'influencers' just saying completely ignorant shit and thinking theyre 'woke'

honestly i think follower count fucks up peoples critical thinking skills

doesnt help that most of social media is walled off from opposing views so you just end up with a constant feedback loop of people who agree and just attack and block those who say something different rather than having a fruitful debate.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Kuffir said:

Might as well sub out follower count and put celebrity / notereity

It's mind boggling how we obsess over the opinions of sports players , music artists and personalities like they're informed just because they keep us entertained 

"Help me, Ja Rule!"

• Like 1