Learning To Code

Supermalt

54 minutes ago, Funkyskanker said:

woSqGm.gif

play time over jumping back on it

anyone know any good resource for android devlopment

Ionic framework lets u build android app and iphone. Easy setup. U can plug ur django powered backend in to

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck man, let us know how the studying and all that goes.

I'm literally just getting on track now my mind has been a myth the past few weeks, just cannot focus or plan, if i have a list of 10 things to do and i cant figure out how ill complete part of task 6 i wont be able to focus on starting task 1.

better now that Ive started using CBD again, but still kinda mythical, just need to keep doing stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Eric Ligman on msdn is giving away free Microsoft ebooks totally legit, there is some really decent stuff in there, azure, office, sql server, developer, windows server and loads of other stuff.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mssmallbiz/2017/07/11/largest-free-microsoft-ebook-giveaway-im-giving-away-millions-of-free-microsoft-ebooks-again-including-windows-10-office-365-office-2016-power-bi-azure-windows-8-1-office-2013-sharepo/

• Upvote 1

So i been bangin out applications this week an last to see where I'm at

i got a call straight away from an agency one day an the guy was like yh think we may have some opportunities let me talk to my team an I'll call you back before 10 am. He didn't so i called at 2 an he said his team said cos i dont have a computer science degree or commercial experience they cant put me forward for anything 

Today got a call an the agent was askin of my preference was permanent or contract an i said well im open to both an he was like no you have to choose. Couldn't remember what i applied for this mornin but i said contract i suppose an he was like oh well in that case i should pass you on to my colleagues an blabla "I'll pass you on now". Phone cut

*sigh *

Nice i got a couple calls tho i suppose

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Grafter said:

So i been bangin out applications this week an last to see where I'm at

i got a call straight away from an agency one day an the guy was like yh think we may have some opportunities let me talk to my team an I'll call you back before 10 am. He didn't so i called at 2 an he said his team said cos i dont have a computer science degree or commercial experience they cant put me forward for anything 

Today got a call an the agent was askin of my preference was permanent or contract an i said well im open to both an he was like no you have to choose. Couldn't remember what i applied for this mornin but i said contract i suppose an he was like oh well in that case i should pass you on to my colleagues an blabla "I'll pass you on now". Phone cut

*sigh *

Nice i got a couple calls tho i suppose

that's big man, really encouraging. is it related to what you'v been studying?

Yh python and django developer jobs

Most of the python jobs fall into back end web dev, fintech and data science.

I find finance boring.

So now im redoin my masters degree project in renewable power generation that i did in excel in python so i can get to use numpy an matplotlib. Gna try make it a web app.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Yh python and django developer jobs

Most of the python jobs fall into back end web dev, fintech and data science.

I find finance boring.

So now im redoin my masters degree project in renewable power generation that i did in excel in python so i can get to use numpy an matplotlib. Gna try make it a web app.

well done man, good to see that kind of commitment and follow through.

also, im not too clued up on the maths side of python, but i see a lot about jupyter notebooks when discussing data science and maths, dunno if it'd be of much use

https://www.datacamp.com/community/tutorials/tutorial-jupyter-notebook#WhatIs

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, QPR Dee said:

well done man, good to see that kind of commitment and follow through.

also, im not too clued up on the maths side of python, but i see a lot about jupyter notebooks when discussing data science and maths, dunno if it'd be of much use

https://www.datacamp.com/community/tutorials/tutorial-jupyter-notebook#WhatIs

Thanks Dave

Will check it out.

/

How's ur works going? 

4 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Thanks Dave

Will check it out.

/

How's ur works going? 

slow, still tryna find a direction I want to head in, I know it's python I want to master but theres so many aspects, data science, robotics, AI, web development. i get stuck in the hundreds of different technologies i can use and learn, docker, cloud services, databases then things like django, pyramid etc. I before need to carry on with just python and a level + maths but i dont really have a project or basic idea where I'm taking it and that keeps stalling it. but I'm closer to where I want to be than when I started so thats something

• Upvote 1