Flat Earth - True Or False?

Incumbent

i know most ppl will completely disagree with me but i'm now 100% convinced that humans have NEVER touched outside earth, no moon landings, no iss, no live space walks has ever happened

this video started me off

read some science journals/books by professors/doctors like Dr Rupert Sheldrake Phd

• Downvote 4

On 25/03/2017 at 5:06 PM, Da Luv Doc said:

There maybe multi-universes, the universe can't be flat otherwise we would all be flat. Makes no sense, I would say it is oval-shaped if we look at what an explosion looks like.

I was watching a video with Michio Kaku and he was saying the same he believed it to be shaped like a doughnut

I also was watching another video where a Physicist says he has found computer code in the universe do you believe that there is a chance that are whole exsitance everything can be running off a very powerful system?

I have also been looking into wormholes do you think time travel is something that will be mastered in some form? I have read about  the hadron collider and they have particles to create wormholes now.

5 hours ago, Incumbent said:

i know most ppl will completely disagree with me but i'm now 100% convinced that humans have NEVER touched outside earth, no moon landings, no iss, no live space walks has ever happened

this video started me off

read some science journals/books by professors/doctors like Dr Rupert Sheldrake Phd

Fucking hell that video ?

Man took shit load of random footage and pics and jumped to mad conclusions and assumptions. Couldn't make it passed 5 mins before i felt my brain melting.

Seriously bro 

I'm glad I evacuated this thread.

I hope one of these flat earthers gets on board one of the first SpaceX or Amazon commerical Space flights so they can look at the earth themselves.

Donot worry teamsters, commercial spaceflight is around the corner and with this, all flat earth myths will be dispelled. The idea that we can't leave this planet based on modern rocket technology is preposterous, we have hundreds of giant 450 Ton machines flying above our heads as we speak, we have watched rocket launches and calculated the escape velocity to enable such a feat, again I'm with being open minded, but in the act of being so, donot also close your mind.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

@Heero Yuy and @Badman

182ftpfloooospng.png

If you're anything like me, you were quite annoyed earlier this week by all the claims that Felix Baumgartner had jumped from "near space" or even space itself (really, Telegraph?). Not to take away from his remarkable achievement — a freefall from 128,100 feet — fearless Felix was actually very, very far from space — as much as another 400,000 feet away if you count the lowest possible orbit. Looking to illustrate this, PopSci's Emily Elert has put together an infographic that visually demonstrates just how far Baumgartner really was from space.

If you're anything like me, you were quite annoyed earlier this week by all the claims that Felix Baumgartner had jumped from "near space" or even space itself (really, Telegraph?). Not to take away from his remarkable achievement — a freefall from 128,100 feet — fearless Felix was actually very, very far from space — as much as another 400,000 feet away if you count the lowest possible orbit. Looking to illustrate this, PopSci's Emily Elert has put together an infographic that visually demonstrates just how far Baumgartner really was from space.

• quote direct from mission site:
  • The control room allows technicians to select the best images available and transmit them in real time to Mission Control and/or broadcast viewers.
  •  
  • Then there is the conflicting angles during "the jump"
  •  
  • They clearly used a fish eye lens. AT 24 ish miles high you not be able to see what we see in "the jump" ""

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Badman said:

always refer to that vid in my mind when reading this thread 

i bet you didn't research it but instead you just blindly believed it

nothing was actually live in that jump:

The control room allows technicians to select the best images available and transmit them in real time to Mission Control and/or broadcast viewers.

imo live is live in it, camera, hit record and whatever you record you record, why would you need to "select" then transmit? how are they determining what's the "best" picture? footage etc

dreamstimemaximum_21761585.jpg

If you want to talk about what is considered space, technically, we're in Space right now. And if its an atmosphere argument i.e you're only in space when you've left our atmosphere, then technical Satelittes aren't even in "Space". So llow the bruddah he went to space man llow it.

Why am I back here again?