Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Gambino

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Gambino said:

Still haven't seen this. Refused to go Cinema when I saw those first reviews dropping on iMdb. Sounds very upsetting what this guy has done to the franchise. 

The last jedi officially the worst audience rated star wars film on rotten tomatoes, under phantom menace and attack of the clones. 

more i think about TLJ the angrier i get.

14 hours ago, Gambino said:

I've seen too many spoilers on it and it doesn't sound good at all. I'll be interested to see how Episode IX does at the box office in comparison.

I fear for it, and i feel sorry JJ that he's been dragged back into it. No matter what people thought about TFA, JJ at least planted good setups to take the story forward and develop the characters. Rian and Kathleen were basically like fuck all that, pushed their sjw agenda's into the film which have predictably backfired.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/disneys-last-jedi-box-office-sales-lower-wall-street-expectations/

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 4:31 PM, Gambino said:

It's pain. Knowing they can't even do anything to correct it now.

I hope people boycott the next one, they need to pay for what they have done. Definitely lay the blame with that Kathleen Kennedy. See how quick she was to give Rian his own trilogy.

Yeah it’s her, she’s not right. 

Nah i don't blame him for selling.

All the flack he got from the prequels (from myself included), and he wanted fans to see the rest of the saga, and ideas brought to life. He said it also benefited the employees of LucasFilm, as he had no intention of making anymore films, which means they would've been out of a job.

That being said, when he sold it there was some kind of understanding that he'd still be significantly involved, and there to advise. That clearly hasn't been the case as he's been pushed out completely (peep the interview with George and Kathleen, then the one with him and Charlie Rose). Not to mention they made the EU non canon, something which he worked hard on during his time to keep canon. 

I dunno man. I know he said he didn't think he could commit to another decade of making them but damn, he should of at least finished the Skywalker Saga and then Disney could of done WTF they wanted with new movies. Oddly enough I read something that I don't know whether is true, but that Rian Johnson stuck more closely to Lucas idea about Rey and how Luke turned out. I find that hard to believe with Mark Hamill saying that He and George had their own vision and they should of went more with him. I would of accepted whatever Lucas threw out knowing that it came from his mind because it's his story. God knows why he trusted that Kathleen.

I loved the Prequels. Don't know why people got so pissed at them. Revenge of the Sith is one of the best.