Director of football?

Heero Yuy

On 16/04/2017 at 6:36 PM, TF S4DK said:

You need a history of success and money.

We had success (which Wenger brought, so this isn't good enough talk is air) and still lost out on players cos of money, hence the need for a new stadium...

We lost most of our players during the stadium for money... and the promise of success.

Hell we signed Ozil and Sanchez due to money and the promise of success... and we are definitely going to need to keep using money to move forward.

We had success a long time ago

When I'm talking about not being good enough I'm talking about the present. A manager just like a player can be past it...

There is more than enough success in the Arsenal and Wenger names to secure big name players with ambition and money, they just have to learn to be way more assertive with money (like they are with stealing young players). This trying to hardball/walking into the market with no plan shit is just very stupid.

We had better players and won leagues... They where all coached, they are just coached in a one dimensional way that clearly focuses on their offensive play. To say it's not coaching is delusional as teams have to setup to play Arsenal...

Fat Sam and Pulis been killing Wenger away for years as they have always focused on their weaknesses and at home they get enough small little decisions to swing it but home or neutral they probably got a win (if that) between them.

• 3 weeks later...

Arsène Wenger has poured scorn on the work of directors of football in the modern game and made it plain that he would not be prepared to work with one on his watch at Arsenal.

“I don’t know what director of football means,” Wenger said. “It is somebody who stands in the road and directs play right and left? I don’t understand and I never did understand what it means.”

Wenger’s comments were significant as his chief executive at Arsenal, Ivan Gazidis, is considering whether to appoint a sporting director as part of his drive to tweak and improve various areas at the club. Gazidis has said that the current disappointing season has to act as the “catalyst for change.”

It remains unclear whether Wenger will stay on beyond the expiry of his contract at the end of the season but all the signs are that he will. Gazidis would like him to agree to certain changes and, in broad terms, they involve bolstering the support systems around the manager.

But Wenger shut down a question about any restructuring. “No, no, no. Sorry, no. I’m not prepared to talk about that,” he said. “I’m the manager of Arsenal football club and as long as I’m manager of Arsenal football club, I will decide what happens on the technical front. That’s it.”

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:(

Finally beating Mourinho has got to him.

4 hours ago, Drift said:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:(

Finally beating Mourinho has got to him.

He's taking the piss

:rofl::rofl:

This dinosaur is not changing boy he's so fucking stubborn. This basically confirms that the Wenger vs Gazidis stand off is real I actually don't want top 4 anymore after this cause I know Kroneke only cares about the money if Wenger gets top 4 its a 2 year contract with no structural changes. Cba to watch this same movie again for 2 years.

Gazidis is finished if you come at the king you best not miss.

:rofl:

Arsenal are ready to reassure Arsene Wenger that their plans for change are not about undermining or restricting the core power of the manager.

Wenger reacted dismissively on Tuesday when the prospect of working with a director of football or sporting director was raised and stressed that he would only stay on if his final say on all key technical decisions was retained.

Arsenal have been exploring candidates for a new sporting director-style position – as revealed in March by The Telegraph - but the role that is being envisaged is to offer support across all football operations, including analytics, scouting, sports science, youth development and even simple logistics, rather than shape actual day-to-day aspects of coaching or team selection.

A team of people that includes chief scout Steve Rowley, chief executive Ivan Gazidis and transfer negotiator d*ck Law already also work on recruitment and there is no plan to withdraw Wenger’s final say on which players Arsenal sign.

The club’s belief is that football has become so multi-layered that it could be beneficial to have another person working across operations. A title has not been decided – nor a particular candidate - but comparable roles at other clubs have gone by the name head of recruitment, football director, head of operations as well as the more controversial sporting director or director of football descriptions.

pmsl

Man like Arsene Mugabe