Grenfell Tower Fire, Latimer Road, W11

Agony

Why do media bastions of the  regressive indigenous provincial classes of England constantly shove their alien irrelevant nose into the affairs of Londoners to foment division between us and its readership at any cunting given opportunity. Why can't they just chill on this 1, there is literally  nobody to blame in this instance apart from their emissaries in government  rn so you would think it is a good time to fall back... but na just keep on pushing these buttons and see what happens next kl 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, General Mac said:

Right. With a little bit of structural engineering knowledge and CAD behind me. With such a massive structure ain't no way a fridge would blow up and burn down the whole structure. Even an isolated gas leak would not cause this much damage to the building.

As a gas engineer I can confirm that a gas leak wouldn't cause this much damage if ignited

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, QPR Dee said:

i didnt say ban, i said shops should stop selling it. 

free speech isnt a right, i know a lot will disagree with this but its not. there's consequences to words and actions. you cant talk slick to me then get surprised and scream free speech when i slap you. same way you cant publish bullshit constantly under the title of a journalist and fall back on freedom on speech when people like me say the lies shouldnt be sold as news in outlets. the same stand liverpool takes the same stand stop funding hate takes

Lol if shops stop selling it where else would a physical newspaper be bought? That is essentially a ban.

I do agree free speech isn't a right though and it's accountable with consquences. The whole things is a battle of idea's, someone voices an opinion you don't like you reply or ignore it. journalism by it's very nature is objective, i'm sure there's very well educated peope that dispise the same journalists that write articles, and have POV's we all wholeheartedly agree with. If a news outlet is printing lies they will eventually get found out and lose all credability like the DM anyway.

• Upvote 1

Boris Johnson now complaining that Labour are politicising it.

like them man werent jumping on banning encryption and repealing the human rights act after the manchester and london attacks before we even knew the suspects.

got time to moan about Labour but what is he doing about it?

Im with Smaddy im mad.

security issues but The Queen is able to visit 24hrs later without issues

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, YFSD said:

As a gas engineer I can confirm that a gas leak wouldn't cause this much damage if ignited

Yes that's only if the gas pipes are protected. The ones installed in this building were not so I think it would certainly be pretty bad. But you are the gas engineer so I suppose you'd know much more.

They say residents saw blue light not the normal red fire light.

Social cleansing to the fullest here.

8 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Everybody out here just trying to save themselves. Don't like to use movie quotes in such a serious situation but what the joker said about people is so right..

You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. 

It's just gonna be some mad free for all of everybody throwing anyone they can under the bus. We're about to see the worst in people during this investigation.

• Upvote 4

councillors arent even talking to them, taking demands and sending back written responses.

i mean, i get it, its a tough situation to be in, but it doesnt help. at least go out and see the anger and hear the questions, even if you have nothing concrete to offer

Such a fucked up situation. Could be up to 150 deaths ?

Unite is to donate £100,000 to the Red Cross London fire relief appeal set up to assist people affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy.

The union has dozens of members living in the tower, some of whom have lost their lives. It also announced it would be providing legal assistance to the residents to ensure they are able to pursue the inquiry it says is now urgently needed.

another reason unions are still important

• Upvote 4

Why are all these muslims on the news kicking off about Islam is not to blame? What have i missed?