Grenfell Tower Fire, Latimer Road, W11

Agony

8 minutes ago, zoot said:

They're taking the piss slowly rising the death toll up 5-10 every day. They're saying 30 now but the real figure is WAY more

Gonna take a long time to go floor by floor finding bodies

/

Whole thing is so fucked, every time I read a victims story it's lump in the throat business. Imagine your only options are to jump or burn alive ffs.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, zoot said:

They're taking the piss slowly rising the death toll up 5-10 every day. They're saying 30 now but the real figure is WAY more

Dont get why people are getting so mad about this at orrr

It's been made clear the official death toll is going to rise substancially and those who are unaccounted for at this point are to be presumed dead

How are the firefighters supposed to go in every flat to do whats essentially a fingertip search and verify numbers when the ceilings and walls in the flats are collapsing?

On the other hand

One of the guys outside the town hall was screaming one of their demands is that the council need to let them know how many people are housed in the block

That number will give a better idea of what the final death toll is gonna look like based on the number of confirmed survivors

They aint tryna release the figure and screamed that's an issue for the coroner not them :/

• Upvote 1

I don't know if it's just me but has this whole thing become 98% political already? Bodies are literally still lying as ash in that block and you've already got cunts on LBC talking about "is the prime minister expected to attend every catastrophe that occurs" as if to say tower blocks burn down every week. 

Such callous disregard for the realities that the victims, families and community will now have to face. Imagine the sounds, the screams. I understand the anger, it's necessary, what I don't understand is the medias insistence on making this about the politicians. Like who does the media actually serve in times like this? 

15 minutes ago, PascalMoriarty said:

I don't know if it's just me but has this whole thing become 98% political already? Bodies are literally still lying as ash in that block and you've already got cunts on LBC talking about "is the prime minister expected to attend every catastrophe that occurs" as if to say tower blocks burn down every week. 

Such callous disregard for the realities that the victims, families and community will now have to face. Imagine the sounds, the screams. I understand the anger, it's necessary, what I don't understand is the medias insistence on making this about the politicians. Like who does the media actually serve in times like this? 

The media only ever serve themselves bro

/

Possible a gag notice on the number smh

1 hour ago, PascalMoriarty said:

100% agree

bare people following suit aswell

we're becoming America 

Where are these rich people that live close by and surrounding areas. Some of them have stupid money big bloody 5 6 bedrooms. Why aren't they offering to put these poor people up? Or if they want their space, why aren't they offering to pay for b&bs? You got 50mill in the bank, what's 45£ a night for at least 3 months while the victims find their feet.

Oh yeah I forgot most of the rich don't interact with the less fortunate. I'm seeing nothing but regular Joe's doing amazing work.

33 minutes ago, General Mac said:

Where are these rich people that live close by and surrounding areas. Some of them have stupid money big bloody 5 6 bedrooms. Why aren't they offering to put these poor people up? Or if they want their space, why aren't they offering to pay for b&bs? You got 50mill in the bank, what's 45£ a night for at least 3 months while the victims find their feet.

Oh yeah I forgot most of the rich don't interact with the less fortunate. I'm seeing nothing but regular Joe's doing amazing work.

Haha

what world do you live in 

18 minutes ago, Thizz said:

People dying in council housing because of a couple of cut corners is 100% political. 

!!!!!

and this should never be forgetten. And that's without going in to the dark areas of back handers and fund distribution.