Grenfell Tower Fire, Latimer Road, W11

Agony

28 minutes ago, Mr. Martinez said:

:lol::lol: 

Do a quick Google search and humble yourself. Man said he thinks you know. 

'You don't have a fucking clue what's going on...

...your eyes are glued the fuck shut...'

You felt so strong you had edit your post with those last 2 sentences for extra emphasis? Well done lad, grade A edit.

if an Indian can come here with no money in his pocket. Work in a chicken shop while studying towards a qualification and living in some squalid conditions and a few years later be raking it then the shame is on you for not succeeding, taking the opportunity or seeing the value in what is available in this country. 

I work with a guy from Pakistan he's probably mid to late 30's. His parents weren't educated which in pakistan means you are poor. He studied hard in pakistan, saved money for a ticket and came to the UK around 15 years ago and worked some shitty jobs whilst studying towards an ACCA. Qualified as an accountant and contracts at my firm at £400 per day plus expenses. This is called hustling  

Poverty is a relative concept but this man would laugh at your definition of poverty and moreover would look at you with distain for saying this country is not filled with opportunities.

You know when your mum tells you to finish your food because people are starving in Africa? Its a valid outlook and one that I recommend you take on board. I've raised money for Srilankan orphans. These kids have very little opportunity in a country without full social security systems in place. You should hang your head in shame.

How can I be blind to the reality? I came from that reality. It wasn't long ago that I was completely broke, living in temporary accomodation for nearly a year sharing a room with my mentally ill mum (don't make any jokes about that, she's dead) and walking miles to school each because I didn't have bus pass money. I went off the rails like many people do in such circumstances but eventually got my direction right. It isn't always easy but I know first hand that it's doable and I am nothing special. I've seen others do similar things.

I donate significant sums of money to charity such as UNICEF, save the children and Srilankan war orphan charities over the course of a year. Do you know why? Because they genuinely lack the opportunities/support and there a cycle of poverty perpetuates without intervention/help.

if you don't see the opportunities you're the one with his "eyes glued the fuck shut" and lacking a "fucking clue".

and as big an advocate as you are for the plight of these people. Have you put your hand in your pocket or volunteered for them or is your outrage reserved only for the forum?

anyway this will only develop in to another back and forth so I will just say I disagree with your stance and you disagree with mine. But we are both approaching the topic from our personal perspectives, you now see my point but in all seriousness I am curious to understand more about why you have your perspective and happy to take that to PMs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Bro you are so lost. You keep exposing how short sighted and ignorant you are to the many social issues in this country. 

Do some research mate. Social mobility is something which can be measured and has been. Britain has seriously underperformed in this area even by the estimates of government friendly institutions. 

I'm happy that you managed to get your life on track. But I hope for you and your kids' sake you broaden your horizons, open your eyes and realise what goes on in this country mate. I can just about understand when the yuppies come out talking about Sri Lankan and Indian kids when discussing things like social mobility in the UK and the western world. But when someone who is supposedly fairly switched on and from the ends does it, it's almost beyond belief. 

Well done for donating 'significant' sums to charities though. All is not lost. 

I personally do my bit by volunteering at the school I went to, teaching kids how to code, as well as donating what I can afford to a few causes I believe in. eg. Helping kids out of school and college land their first job and plan a career. I often meet with some of them and try to inspire them with what I've achieved. Being a FIFA don ain't easy fam. 

not political 

On 6/19/2017 at 9:35 PM, Brem said:

But why do the people that have not been affected by Grenfell need empathy or sympathy. They haven't lost everything, lost children, loved ones and friends. It's like when your dad dies and some d*ckhead says "yeah I really miss my grandma." Looking for that bit of spotlight to tell their "sob" story. It isn't their time. The time is for Grenfell is putting all current efforts in to helping those people that remain get back on their feet. 

Wow

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Brem said:

It's true. Why is there a gradually creeping death toll. You know at least 150 people are dead. Yet the death toll creeps up by 10 per day that passes. It's media management. 

I dunno why everyone's making out this is so mass conspiracy.

Have they even been in to the building yet?

They can't just say oh yeah there's 400 dead when it's not been verified and people ID'd etc.

• Upvote 2

Is that not the council trying to cover themselves though??

How would they NOT know about a shitload of scaffolding going up n the building being modified to then send someone down there n ask wha gwarn??

Im sure if one of the donnys set up a table to sell CDs, the council would be down there quick time to kick it down askin about permits!!

20 minutes ago, Simply D said:

How would they NOT know about a shitload of scaffolding going up n the building being modified to then send someone down there n ask wha gwarn??

Im sure if one of the donnys set up a table to sell CDs, the council would be down there quick time to kick it down askin about permits!!

Of course they knew, they would of had to pay for it.

2 hours ago, Thizz said:

I dunno why everyone's making out this is so mass conspiracy.

Have they even been in to the building yet?

They can't just say oh yeah there's 400 dead when it's not been verified and people ID'd etc.

But whether someone has been ID'd or not dead is still dead. It's to desensitise the impact of the death toll which will eclipse the cumulative death toll from terrorist attacks in the last 15 years, with one incident. 

Time will pass. People will forget about Grenfell. If you hear day by day the death toil is 20, then 30, then 40, then 50 and so forth the psychological impact is less. The outrage nationwide would be less. If they came out on day 1 and said 200 people are dead from this the backlash would be worse. It's clearly managing the situation and the media.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Think sign off means  checkin everything is to standard after the job is finished 

25 minutes ago, Simply D said:

I'm guessing it was commissioned bIt after it was done nobody went to check and sign off the completed work?

The refurb was acknowledged as completed

Says the developer sold them to the government at cost price of £10m as a goodwill gesture.

These apartments are worth 2m each. Madness