Grenfell Tower Fire, Latimer Road, W11

Agony

8 minutes ago, Thizz said:

DCRTS-kWsAAy7Yg.jpg

/

Anyone donating any clothes? Got a couple bags worth of old stuff but won't be able to take it till Saturday need to know if any of the drop off places will be open then still?

Why would they vote against such a thing?

save money for their friends an themselves as private landlords? 

Was watching live streams on twitter of this till 5am last night, was mad to see people hanging out their windows, the fire brigade had these tall ladders with hoses on them but could reach nowhere near the top. Id expect death toll to get pretty high. Awful.

Insane to think in london 2017 something like this can still happen.

caller on lbc said the old guy he rescued said he wouldnt have had a clue the fire was happening, if it wasn't for his neighbour that knocked on his door. 

He also said same neighbour claimed accidentally left his gas on and it's what started the fire.

I don't even know how anyone will live with such guilt.

1 hour ago, PascalMoriarty said:

I don't even care about the politics, anyone who's lived in a block before knows that you don't live as a stranger. This is basically a community that's been ravaged by a completely avoidable fire. Fucking heartbreaking. 

Was my first thought

//////

Lot of respect for the fire services attending the scene. 

Contemplated joining the fire services when i was younger but tbh couldn't guarentee I'd be jumping up with a willingness to run into a burning building.

41 minutes ago, Grafter said:

Its easily done. He cant shoulder all the blame

Lived in a tower block for 2 months an that whole fire situ was my biggest fear an fallin out my windows

Why do any of these blocks even still exist

About a decade ago my grandma lived on the 24th floor.... defo falling out the window was the biggest fear the building had decent fire saftey... think a fire broke out(gas explosion) in one of the neighbouring flats and it was contained just to that flat and the ones either side had some damage....

personally i think high rise flats will ease londons housing crisis BUT you cant take short cuts especially when it comes to fire saftey 

someone(with authority) has to be held accountable for this.

Disgusting that this happens in this day and age. A block housing hundreds of people refurbished with plastic cadding in Londons most wealthy borough.... whoever made that call put greed over peoples lives and made 100s homeless and had them throwing their babies out of the window

Some cheeky property developers are probably already bidding for the land to turn into luxury flats

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, zoot said:

Disgusting that this happens in this day and age. A block housing hundreds of people refurbished with plastic cadding in Londons most wealthy borough.... whoever made that call put greed over peoples lives and made 100s homeless and had them throwing their babies out of the window

Some cheeky property developers are probably already bidding for the land to turn into luxury flats

Of course they are

soon come "New Luxury Apartments for Sell. Reserve on *website here*"

• Upvote 2