Jump to content
Agony

Grenfell Tower Fire, Latimer Road, W11

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09xptp8/reggie-yates-searching-for-grenfells-lost-lives 

 

Quote

Reggie Yates meets people whose lives have been devastated by the Grenfell fire, hoping to piece together the human stories behind some of those lost in the tragedy. With a police investigation and public inquiry examining how and why it happened, Reggie takes a step back to ask who were those people before they became victims of one of Britain's deadliest fires. Through their families and friends in the local community, Reggie learns about some of the individuals who lost their lives - a young British Moroccan, Yasin El-Wahabi, who was believed to have run back into the tower to save his family, a Filipino woman, Ligaya Moore, whose niece arrives in London to get answers about how her aunt died, a Syrian man, Mohammad Alhajali, who escaped war with his brother only to lose his life in the fire, Tony Disson, a well-known local figure whose family had lived in the area for generations, and a 12-year-old girl, Jessica Urbano Ramirez, who was one of 18 children to lose their lives.

As a Londoner, and having grown up on a council estate himself, Reggie discovers that these stories aren't just the stories of individuals, they are the story of a community. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this has dropped out the news (apart from the little people getting done for fraud) 

how is the inquiry going?

<Stormzy> wheres the money for Grenfell Theresa??! </Stormzy>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The failures need to remain headline news

I.e. insufficient rehousing effort...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been nine months and still:

No official death numbers.

No one has been charged or held accountable for negligence.

Not everyone has been re-housed.

Grafter is right... we need to keep our foot on their neck. This is a clear display of class/wealth bias. Everyone in that tower who’s dead and who have survived have been treated like crap. The lack of urgency is a disgrace.

NO ONE should get away with this with their hands clean. By the time this “inquiry”  Is finished, the people who should be jailed would’ve resigned/been sacked by then with a nice pay off. They’ll get a slap on the wrist at most.

Do you think if something like this happened in a wealthy/gated community, an inquiry would take this long? It’s obvious they’re trying to cover their tracks and make sure there’s as much damage control as possible.

An absolute disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily Mail have already done the damage of showing all those crying non-white people, stories of them getting mansions and Stormzy demanding answers. Outside of London the country has moved on... It's all about getting blue passports made in Blighty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

It’s been nine months and still:

No official death numbers.

No one has been charged or held accountable for negligence.

Not everyone has been re-housed.

Grafter is right... we need to keep our foot on their neck. This is a clear display of class/wealth bias. Everyone in that tower who’s dead and who have survived have been treated like crap. The lack of urgency is a disgrace.

NO ONE should get away with this with their hands clean. By the time this “inquiry”  Is finished, the people who should be jailed would’ve resigned/been sacked by then with a nice pay off. They’ll get a slap on the wrist at most.

Do you think if something like this happened in a wealthy/gated community, an inquiry would take this long? It’s obvious they’re trying to cover their tracks and make sure there’s as much damage control as possible.

An absolute disgrace.

 

Need to have some kind of perspective on these sort of things still.

Took Hillsborough 27 years to get justice.

People need to keep fighting though, just like the Hillsborough lot did. Just don't expect shit overnight.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

 

Need to have some kind of perspective on these sort of things still.

Took Hillsborough 27 years to get justice.

People need to keep fighting though, just like the Hillsborough lot did. Just don't expect shit overnight.

Two completely different events in  two different decades. You can’t make that as a valid comparison. The only similarities between the two is that there are clearly cover ups going on as the victims were working class.

This whole “need perspective” is some nonsense. Not saying you are, but it sounds like a Conservative talking point:

”We need to show patience.” 

“Lessons will be learned.” Etc.

From the moment this tradegy has happened, it has been clear that the government have been extremely slow to act and seek justice. No one is expecting answers over night but the complete nonchalant response the government has shown is disgusting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheOneGameBaller said:

Two completely different events in  two different decades. You can’t make that as a valid comparison. The only similarities between the two is that there are clearly cover ups going on.

This whole “need perspective” is some nonsense. Not saying you are, but it sounds like a Conservative talking point:

”We need to show patience.” 

“Lessons will be learned.” Etc.

From the moment this tradegy has happened, it has been clear that the government have been extremely slow to act and seek justice. No one is expecting answers over night but the complete nonchalant response the government has shown is disgusting.

 

I'll think you'll find this is the only similarity that matters in these events period.

The whole situation stinks just like Hillsborough did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That reggie doc was a sad watch still.

S9 many untold stories that we wouldn't get to ever hear about.

 

Off topic.

Reggie's jack game in this doc was spillage galore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what it's like in the construction industry but in aviation engineering/maintenance/manufacturing, CEO head would have rolled if there was a tragedy like this and all those on the paper trail who opted for shit materials..... it's fucked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ain't gonna forget that. I think I played football there at westway a week before the incident. Went past it whilst it was still smoking the day after 

The only plus that has come from this is that the difference in community spirit there now is mad..it's just sad an incident like this has to happen for it to get to that.

 

So many questions unanswered, still blood on a massive amount of people's hands. Its gonna be Hillsborough all over again in terms of people getting justice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Restrictive said:

Year today:(

Was down there today for something and hear it come on the radio, was like fuck.

This time last year people were just going about their business not knowing what was about to happen later that night.

A fire extinguisher on every other floor would have prevented it.

12 extinguishers for the whole building.

How cheap can you get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...